CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: warm up ice conditions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: warm up ice conditions? Reply with quote

Im new to ice fishing and this board hope some of you veterans can help. do you think the ice will be ok to go out sat even with these temps warming up
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

The answer to your question is YES! there will be reasonable ice on most waters Exclamation

"STILL HAVE ALL YOUR SAFETY GEAR AT HAND Exclamation "
There is NO consistancy with ICE Exclamation
Most waters have 5 inches of ice or better after this long cold spell and it will take more than a 4 or 5 day stretch of warmer WX to soften the ice.
Besides the night time temps will be in the 20's so whatever melts during the day will freeze overnight Exclamation

Good fishing!
Best regards,
SeaDog1
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info Im heading up northwest corner of the state and its usually a few degrees colder up that way
billybass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some holes yesterday in the northeast . ice was about 10 inch to 12 inches i hope it stays that way , I know its warming up a little but I dont think enough to melt that thickness, will see, I plan on going out sat with my nephews it will be there first time, I dont need them to see there uncle swimming because of some thin ice Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got 10 inches we should be ok with freezing temps at night like I said Im new to this so thats why I started this thread. If anyone else has an opinion on it please reply. good luck out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: