CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice fishing Southern VT (w. video)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Ice fishing Southern VT (w. video) Reply with quote

This was a recent trip we took to Sadawga Pond in Jacksonville VT, which is located in Southern VT. We had non stop action all day of pickeral and perch. This place is absolutely loaded with pickeral it's incredible. They're great to pull through the ice, but make for some challenging releases with those mouths of theirs! Any time you get this type of action it's a great day. Here's the video of the trip, all captured with the hatcam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8SfF2c8Mo
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks fun was your buddy drinking a beer in that one quick shot? Ive never used the fish finders but they lookrd like they were working for you guys. Get any on tip ups? Those pickerel can suck when they close there mouth and dont wanna open up. How much ice was there? looks you guys were drilling through pretty easy. Man that looks great wish the weather around here wasnt turning around right now.
Rando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No unfortunetly we weren' drinking that day. We got a bunch of perch and pickeral on tip us as well with live pinhead shiners. Flashers are the best thing to happen to ice fishing since the gas auger. I'd never even think about jigging through the ice without one again. There was about 13 inches of ice. VT has some serious ice this time of year. Those 6" hand held augers still cut through the ice very good, even with that much ice.
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOOL.

Speaking of fish finders, I have one of those "fishin buddies" fish finders, looks like a trolling motor with no prop... and batteries go in the handles. I mount that to an old guitar stand, and it sits nice in the corner of a hole. Gives you depth, temp, and fish sightings. Granted... temp is usually 32 or 33, but the rest is cool. then when the jig rod dips, just pull it out of the hole.
basswacka19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fishinschmoe you said you have one of those fishin buddys?do you recomend it? I'm planning on getting one for spring.`
Ever since i got my nitro i cant go fishing without the depth finder,so i was looking at those fishing buddys for my little jon boat .

Last edited by basswacka19 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure... Ive heard that the new version of those suck batteries. I have an old one, but I Freekin LOVE THE THING... I use it on my lil boat, and even rigged it so I can bring it in my fishin kayak, and as indicated... a mount to bring it on the ice. Again, LOVE IT. but have heard the new ones are not as cool.
bumbala357

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Fishing Buddy... Reply with quote

fishinschmoe wrote:
Not sure... Ive heard that the new version of those suck batteries. I have an old one, but I Freekin LOVE THE THING... I use it on my lil boat, and even rigged it so I can bring it in my fishin kayak, and as indicated... a mount to bring it on the ice. Again, LOVE IT. but have heard the new ones are not as cool.
I got one of the new ones last year and use it only for Ice fishing got a model 110 it was 120.00 it only has down sonar but it came with the mounting clamp.I drill 2 holes side by side and mount the clamp/holder to the side of my sled with a small piece of 2x4 and put it in one hole and jig in the other it works if I dont mark fish for a 1/2 hour I move its a great tool...There are 2 other models that are more expensive and have side sonar also but the model 110 works just fine....Battery life is also pretty good directions say 30 hrs. with certain settings. I usually make 5 trips on the ice before replacement there is a low battery warning.
basswacka19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome!! Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: