CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: . Anti Cites tuna letters needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: . Anti Cites tuna letters needed Reply with quote

Hi guys, i don't know how many of you fish tuna but we could use your help. it's a long story and don't know how many of you know the happenings with Cites or what the proposals are to shut down the fisheries. For anyone who is interested i can steer you in the right direction for more info, Just PM me.

i copied this from another site. It is from Curt Maxon / Relentless charters.

Thanks, Don.

Anti Cites tuna letters needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We already signed the petition.They are looking for individual letters from anglers rec. or comm.

Comments pertaining to species proposals should be sent to the Division of Scientific Authority, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 4401 North Fairfax Drive, Room 110, Arlington, VA 22203, or via e-mail at: scientificauthority@fws.gov. Comments and materials received will be available for public inspection, by appointment, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at either the Division of Management Authority or the Division of Scientific Authority.

Change opening line add name & address print and mail or email 5 minutes

hey guys, here is a sample letter that you can use to send in a comment. while tweaking it a bit to make it more personal would be great, its good to go as is if that is easier....

------------------------

Mr. Robert R. Gabel, Chief
Division of Management Authority
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
4401 North Fairfax Drive, Room 212
Arlington, VA 22203

Re: Cop15 & Northern Atlantic Bluefin Tuna

Dear Mr. Gabel:

I am a fisherman and am writing to show my strong opposition to a CITES listing for Northern Atlantic Bluefin Tuna. US fishermen have been following the science for years and a listing will only punish us for that compliance. Recent stock assessments from ICCAT show that there are millions of bluefin in the Atlantic and Mediterranean, showing that it is a stock that is far from being "threatened by extinction".

As you know, ICCAT met this November in Brazil and made important changes that will allow for full rebuilding of bluefin stocks in the Eastern Atlantic and Mediterranean within ten years. Furthermore, with the reduction of the Western Atlantic quota fishery to 1,800mt in 2010, overfishing will be ended on that part of the stock.

Given the changes at ICCAT, and the fact that no credible data exists to support a listing, we hope that the US government will oppose Monaco’s proposal to list bluefin tuna on CITES.

Thanks for your time,

Capt.Curt Maxon
www.relentlesscharters.com

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: