CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: any body have any word on safe ice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theo0407

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: any body have any word on safe ice Reply with quote

looking to go out tomorrow anybody have any ideas in the north east part of state
Fish On!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and checked out Moosup pond, walked out about 100 feet from shore and had about five inches. I was on the north end of the pond. Saw some guys out fishing on the beach end. I have no idea how the middle is but I've seen open water a few times during the winter so us your best judgment.
Aj1986

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well a few buddies and i are going to be goinh to Mashapaug this weekend, so hopefully ice up there is safe after this really cold week. If anyone has any ice reports for Mash they would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on a pond in New Milford yesterday and had 3 to 5 inches. I expected a lot more as this spot had 18 inches 3 weeks ago.
RUSSELL J. HALL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: 7-12 Reply with quote

coventry lk.7-12 inches black ice...on aquad last 2 days..
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohawh Pond Wednesday had 14 + inches of ice. 4 Pickerel one about 3 Lb. Small trout too.
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now, its hit or miss. Its been cold enough to make ice, but snowed enough to prevent it from building. Throw in the fact that Feb Sun rays are getting better every day, which increases evaporation, we have a crap shoot.

Some dudes have no issues fishing on 3", but me for one... no Thanks!! I checked out a small/local pond on Sunday, and tweaked when I saw open water at the edges!!

Im goin Sunday, and will surely have my pics around my neck, and a spud to tap my way out. and aint stayin long if it takes less than 8 seconds to bust thru with the auger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: