CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Jacking up the Price!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Jacking up the Price! Reply with quote

The freshwater licence is now $40!!! What is up with that? They better be stocking more fish in the rivers.

What do y'all think?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan- haha, I hear that. You want to double the price? Double the stock!

(that won't happen though...)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you think we "Bass only guys" feel........... This state has done very little for the bass fisheries here, except make a bunch of lakes "bass management lakes" with slot limits and higher minimum length limits. Then they take a lake that's struggling as a bass fishery and introduce another predator species like Walleye or Northern Pike, and make them compete for the same food sources. Sad There is no re stocking of bass anywhere in this state unless it is done privately on private waters. Sad

I'm not living in fantasy land, as I understand that fisherman and bass tournaments play a small role in bass and other fish species mortality rates. But I agree that a larger part, if not all of the money spent on fishing licenses, ecpecially now that they have doubled in price and are now $40 per year, should go directly back into the fisheries themselves, and not just to re stock trout in lakes and streams. I in particular have never felt like I was getting my monies worth from the state!

Just my 2 cents.........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
How do you think we "Bass only guys" feel........... This state has done very little for the bass fisheries here, except make a bunch of lakes "bass management lakes" with slot limits and higher minimum length limits. Then they take a lake that's struggling as a bass fishery and introduce another predator species like Walleye or Northern Pike, and make them compete for the same food sources. Sad There is no re stocking of bass anywhere in this state unless it is done privately on private waters. Sad

I'm not living in fantasy land, as I understand that fisherman and bass tournaments play a small role in bass and other fish species mortality rates. But I agree that a larger part, if not all of the money spent on fishing licenses, ecpecially now that they have doubled in price and are now $40 per year, should go directly back into the fisheries themselves, and not just to re stock trout in lakes and streams. I in particular have never felt like I was getting my monies worth from the state!

Just my 2 cents.........

+1
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, you may not be able to catch more bass but at least you'll get the warm feeling inside of helping the state reduce their budget deficit! Wink Very Happy

Jim
sandflea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me ask the question what's the price going to be next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: