CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Sunday on the River
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Sunday on the River Reply with quote

Hit the CT River today from 10am to about 3pm with "FishinSchmoe".

First off- Thanks for having me out with you John and teaching me a thing or two about pike fishing- truely appreciated!

Secondly- The bite was slow going today. We hit a spot that he had fished in the past with luck, but all we could get were tiny bumps. We saw a few in the shallows spooking out baitfish and leaving clouds behind in the water but for a long while all we were catching was a stick or tree or two. We tried a bunch of stuff between us: spinnerbaits, inline roostertail style spinners, daredevils, etc. I then through a bullet weight and a texas-rigged white salted zoom and hooked into the only fish of the day- a 4.8lb pike.

This was my first pike ever boated (I hooked into one last year and it snapped my line), so I was excited. John essentially said "Yeah kid, great. Wait until you hook into a 10+ lber." Well man, I can't wait! haha.

Great day on the water Cool Absolutely gorgeous weather, air temp around 55, water temp on average 44, shallow water 1-5 feet deep.

I got a pic, once I load it onto my computer I'll post it in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twas my pleasure.

Only wished the fish were more cooperative. Well get into em next time out. the pike bite usually hangs around til mid-late April...although the big girls are probably just about done.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is that pike pic:

Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pike man..when the next trip
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pic came out pretty good... next time tho, gotta lose the Bogo, and man handle them toothy guys.

Hey BB, if the Work Demons are being nice... maybe Monday afternoon.
billybass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice give me a shout .....that keeny cove looks nice
but i hear it can be a bit@# going threw the tight spots
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the pic came out good- I had to crop and resize it a bit b/c my camera for whatever reason takes pictures and they come out as huge files- so I cut it down so that the pic would actually fit on the screen!

I agree- next time I'm holding that sucker by the gills and body...unless it's some 40+ inch monster in which case I'll prolly stick with the grips Laughing

I don't have work Monday so if you do end up heading out feel free to gimme a call

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB, we were no where near Keeney Cove... and YES Keeney is tough to get in... if you have a jon boat, or canoe, its do-able. Keeney floods easy, so you are best to launch at Weth. Cove, and buzz down, rather than hope and pray the little road behind Home Depot isn't flooded out.

I dont even know if the spot we were at has a name. we were hittin shallow back waters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: