CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Need tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Need tips Reply with quote

I am going to fish Amos from the shore this weekend and I need some tips.
What shoulg I throw,Jerk bait, rat-l-trap, crankbait,worms, spinner,ECT..
also what kind of retrive should I use.
I know,I know. It seems like a really stupid
question,but I am only 13 and have been fishing 5 years so do not have a ton on knowledge Wink (or fish caught Sad )
Thanks,
chumley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listen dont ever feel like your asking dumb questions,if you dont ask you dont learn,this is why we are all here,to learn from each other.ok know to your question, a crankbait on a slow retrive bouncing off the bottom is good if there are any laydowns a spinnerbait will work,work your baits slow, fish are lazy rite now with the cold water mepps inline spinners are great for all types of fish anytime of the year just remember slow and easy as the water warms up the fish get more active

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with me this weekend.
I may of exagetated a bit on how dumb the post is, but asking for advice in some other topics I got quite a few " Kind of a dumb post ha ? " So this time I threw it out there not to get that response.
once again Thanks,
MikeHoncho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try swimming a grub on a light jig head, 1/16th of an oz or an 1/8 if its windy. Use a a natural color. Let it get to the bottom and go slow......
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass 4 Me, Asking a fishing question is not stupid, its a learning process everybody that fishes always asks questions, In my experience in spring fishing, I like main and secondary points, especially when the water starts to warm, every bait that you mentioned can work, You cant beat a grub like Honcho said. Fish slow for awhile fish fast for awhile, try different colors, then when you get a couple you will figure out what they want and just go pound the shorelines, Remember, NEVER SAY NEVER, Ive seen fish caught on lures they shouldnt even be considering for the time of year. If your going to amos if you stand at the boat ramp facing the lake, you have a point t o the left and down alittle way on the right, the one to your right has a nice deep channel next to it, Ive always had luck on that point, if your walking through the woods make sure you protect yourself the best you could from TICKS! Oh and the german shepard thats going to bark and bark at you,at the white house close to that point, His name is Max Wink
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass for me, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask! This is what this forum is all about, anglers sharing information with other anglers. As for early season baits, don't rule out a rattletrap or jerkbait especially if you have a breeze or a windy day. Also throw a jig, a tube, and a drop shot rig, but like others have already mentioned, fish slow, painfully slow, because the water temps are still in the 40's or maybe by the weekend the low 50's. The fish aren't going to move far or expend much energy to catch a meal. The fish are cold blooded and are the same temp. as the water they live in, thus they are still very lethargic and you need to move your bait very very slowly.

Good luck..........

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice everyone. Now the difficult part is to convince my dad to take me Confused . I will definently throw a grub , as that is a lure I have had good succses on in the past(2 pound smallie,2 3/4 largemouth)
those are my two biggest bass.
Thanks again for the great advive,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: