CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: What Did I Do Wrong???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: What Did I Do Wrong??? Reply with quote

Went to amos this after noon and it was not worth the 8 dollars it cost.
Got there 2 oclock and started fishing from the boat ramp. I was throwing an inline and got nothing. Then I threw a ratltrap and got nothing. Then I threw a X-rap and it got snagged on the ramp(if anyone finds it HANDS OFF its MINE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )
Then I threw a spiner and got hung up in a tree off a bad cast(Please dont make fun...i'm 13)but a guy came trout fishing 10 mins later and put his so called 20$ rig in the same tree so he climbed it and got my spinner back Very Happy
After about 3 hours of fishing I went home.
WHAT DID I DO WRONG Question Question
please help me out a bit.

P.S I fished slow
P.P.S some guys were fishing from a boat about 30' from my best cast and caught some fish. So do I only need a boat. If so thats not happining soon so please give me some tips and good places to fish from shore. Wink

Last edited by Bass 4 me on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.
Well i dont really know where to start...
Fishing from shore can always be tough, but dont let that discourage you. Plenty of people fish for longer without anything.
For example....
The silver lake tourney this weekend, i fished for 7 hours with nothing - no bites, i tried everything in every color.
Theres a reason fishing is called "fishing" and not "catching"
Anyway, good luck, keep your head up.
MikeHoncho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't do anything wrong. Shake it off. Figure out what you learned and use it to try to catch 'em next time. Not catching them sucks, but, not catching them the same way you didn't catch them last time sucks worse......
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just keep trying. fishing from shore anywhere can be pretty tough. fishing is all about learning. I know I'm still learning, I learn something new everytime I go out. Try throwing some soft plastics texas rigged and working them slowly. you'll be less likely to get stuck in a tree or on the lake bottom or submurged trees/ramps/etc.

also, it's still a little early for the good bass bite. the water needs to warm up just a little bit more before you'll start seeing some better action.

i have to say, i'm glad to see some younger fisherman on the site and actually out fishing! kudos to you. good luck and let us know how you do the next time you go out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BassGetHooked wrote:
just keep trying. fishing from shore anywhere can be pretty tough. fishing is all about learning. I know I'm still learning, I learn something new everytime I go out. Try throwing some soft plastics texas rigged and working them slowly. you'll be less likely to get stuck in a tree or on the lake bottom or submurged trees/ramps/etc.

also, it's still a little early for the good bass bite. the water needs to warm up just a little bit more before you'll start seeing some better action.

i have to say, i'm glad to see some younger fisherman on the site and actually out fishing! kudos to you. good luck and let us know how you do the next time you go out.

Well said. Keep at it and never quit. I too fish from shore and its tough but you will find them. Keep at it Thumbs Up
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said you did nothing wrong. Well the fish are in the water, not in the trees, LOL, I'm kidding of course. Once in a while I still put baits in trees, on docks, in over- hanging buses etc. If you don't your not fishing in the right places.

It is tough fishing from shore, especially at Amos Lake. And in my opinion that area right in front of the launch site is the crappiest section of the lake, and it probably gets the most fishing pressure from other shore anglers, and white bucket bandits, that the fish stay away from it. Try to find spots on bodies of water that are harder to access, that way you wont be fishing used or pressured water so to speak. Also when the water temps are this cold, you need to slow down and fish bottom baits like jigs, tubes, worms, senkos, and slow cadence with plenty of pause jerkbaits. When the water warms up some you can start throwing spinnerbaits, and rattletraps, crankbaits etc.

Hope this helps........

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.
I'm still upset about my X-rap Evil or Very Mad But I am starting to get over it Rolling Eyes
It did not help that the wind was blowing to that tree which had at least 10 lures and bobbers in it, so I geuss I am not the only one. I was going to throw a weedless jerk shad but at that point I knew the fish were off.
Thanks alot for the encourgement. I am going catfishing at greenvile dam next weekend and I will be fishing from shore as well...Hopfully beter luck there.
Thanks,

Last edited by Bass 4 me on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
chumley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friends mom used to say some day chicken some day feathers! your not always gonna catch,em keep your head up. look at the posts of the guys that went to silver they spent money on the tourny, gas for boat and truck, food,new gear, most of them got skunked. i went out last week and hit my favorite spot on the ct river i boated 2 fish and lost half dozen baits left the river and went and dumped 30 bucks replacing said lost gear!!!!by the way 13 years old posting at 9:21 monday morning, get your butt to school boy!!! lol just kidding Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Home Schooled Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been said,..people get skunked even when they've got a boat and every lure in the world and this time of year it can be especially tough!
But the fact of the matter is that even later in the year, if you're fishing from shore with artificial baits, you are under a handicap and you should expect to catch less than people that can move around the lake in a boat.

I see that you're from Ledyard, yet you're fishing over on Amos,..so someone must have drove you there. If you've got a choice,..I would try to find other places to fish where you have access to more of the shoreline. The more water that you can cover (especially this time of year..) the better your chances are going to be! Also, it doesn't have to be a large lake either! Some of the best fishing in the state is found in small ponds that get very little fishing pressure! Wink
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to check out some smaller ponds but I dont see them in the anglers guide so I dont know if they are private or they dont have fish in them.
Mabey ill have better luck this weekend if the weather clears out
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you do the fish dance? or sing to them? they like boys to men.....im not kidding
On twenty-pound test "
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing
I will be sure to do that next time Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: