CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Hunting
Viewing Topic: Anybody scouting for sheds yet?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JiggyWithIt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Anybody scouting for sheds yet? Reply with quote

Just wondering if any bucks started dropping racks yet? Going out next weekend for some quick scouting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did some shed hunting, found 2 differeny sheds both from the right side, one had 3 points, the other had 4 points. I found a MONSTER shed last year, 12 pointer and has the width of my wrist. I didn't find it til MAY so it was pretty discolored and both drops were in the swamp so it had all the green and everything else on it and some tines were chewed but its still a MONSTER
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was planning on doing a little shed hunting soon. wanted to get out a week or two ago but haven't had the time. gonna hunt for them around some areas i've seen deer in the woods close to my house. i think i know of at least one of their bedding areas, so that will be my first destination. if i come across a monster rack (or even a decent rack) I'll post a pic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure plop plop can show you some monster racks! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ill get a picture of mine and take one, its a beautiful rack, i used the taxidermist die to darken them up but i need to take them outside and beat them arounda little bit to make them look more natural. Good luck with the sheds, i seem to the find the most of mine transitiong from their bedding to their feeding area
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a couple shed pics in my album, I couldn't figure out how to do it on here and i did not want to clog the forum with endless numbered of failed tries haha, its a 12 point shed with side kickers. The biggest tine is 10 1/2 inches the rest are in the 7-9 1/2 inch range. the biggest circumference in the rack is 6 3/4 inches. Their very dark because i hit them up with some die after bleaching them because of the greenness on them from them sitting in the swamp. Enjoy Smile They were found on my land in Middletown by the way[/img][/list]
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting pics:
Under the subject box, and over Img
Click it
This is what you get[img]
Then enter url from photo hosting site. (The url on photobucket adds things. Highlight up to url)
If that is your photo hosting site
Hit the Img Again
This is what you get[/img]
Hope this helps.
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill try it later, if anyone wants to view the pics just go to MY gallery, just go to forums, photo gallery, then search cthonkerheaven
JiggyWithIt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice on the 12 point!!! Maybe he'll be bigger this season. If it ever stops raining I will start my spring turkey scouting soon, hopeful to find the 6 pointers rack I passed on in early October. I didn't really have a confident shot on him so I passed and saw him several other times out of range afterwards. Looking forward to seeing 8 on him this year with my tag on him Wink Good luck in Middletown hope your high-n-dry cuz if it keeps on rainin the levy is gonna break Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha let the levy break, my propery is very high and I can over look most of Middletown Smile maybe it will rain non-stop til september so all the deer will be pushed up on my high grounds HAHA, thanks tho, Shed hunting is fun but man I go out sometimes walk 5-6 miles and dont find one, but i do find some interesting things haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: