CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Curious about tournament
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Curious about tournament Reply with quote

Do you guys only do bass tournaments, have you ever tried a trout tournament or is something like that pretty hard to regulate/run? I was just curious, I think tournaments and competition are great
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that because 95% of the people on this site are bass fisherman you'll probably going to see mostly bass tournaments although I have seen an occaisonal pike tourney happen.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardest thing is keeping a trout alive to weigh it. Its hard enough to get one to stop moving so you can take a picture with it especailly at night. Rolling Eyes Thats why I moved more towards bass fishing. It would be neat though if like we fished a TMA section of the Farmington everyone parked up at the begining of a TMA and then they could fish anywhere on the TMA but have to stay within the boundries of the TMA. Then your biggest trout you would take a picture of it along a yardstick which would be givin to you before the tourny started so there would be no cheating. No live bait of course!!! And even better it has to be in the middle of summer. Laughing Now theres a challenge!
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegill, I think you should plan a trout tourny Wink
billybass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good idea BlueGill
its too bad we couldnt do that for the guys that dont have livewells ...pass out a legit measuring stick and take a picture and weigh it...That way the poeple with jons,or 12 fters,or smaller boats,could play ...but maybe we can figure somthing out in the future or just plan a tourny were that would be ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: