CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Connecticut River is gettin upthere and ugly.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Connecticut River is gettin upthere and ugly. Reply with quote

Hey Gang.

Not thay you may not already be aware... but its been 70 freekin degrees out lately.

Big Snow Melts are happening to our North, and VT and MA are crackin the dams to let the runoff thru.

CT river is running fast and furious, and is about 1 foot below a bonafide "Flood Stage". +13 feet in Hartford currently.

If you gotta get out there, keep an eye out for those trees and what not that eat props; or sink boats.

Keep it safe. and Keep it Reel.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit it down near the mouth of the river yestardaylate afternoon for an hour or two, hoping to find an early striper or two, but nada!! Talked with a few guys that had been out all afternoon chucking live bait without a sniff, so I guess we're just a bit too early yet. Anyway, my shakedown cruise uncovered a few minor boat issues that need fixing before i get too serious, so it was good to get out. Water temp was 43-44.
billybass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also was in the salmon cove off the river thursday the river was real swollen and no fish were bitin ..
fishing fool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: friday Reply with quote

friday i fished the ct river 4 first time im a housy rat my buddy and i took his lil sears game fisher and 6 horse 1960s evenrude lol i cant believe we didnt end up swept into the sound. well we caught a couple huge egg filled yellow perch i believe we were in east haddem area
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEMORIES!!

Im a CT river Rat, and have been fishin that river since forever.
Recall more than once, where I launched my lil 14' Sears tin boat, with a 4hp Merc, and was actually LOSING GROUND.

Felt kinda weird to have that lil Egg Beater wide open, and still goin backwards.

Caught lots of catfish, some good bass, and some stripers that were longer than the bottom was wide tho...(not on those rippin water days).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: