CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Hamburg Cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishface

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Hamburg Cove Reply with quote

Went out this afternoon (I had to give up the fishing license boycott) anyway put the Kayak in at around 4:00 pm. fished for some white perch for a bit, with no luck (saw a few caught small). Went around the corner from Camp Clarie trolled with two poles I mounted to quick draw rod holders (Cabelas) on the bow. Was not sure how I would notice any hits. They worked really well. Made about 5 passes around area near the Camp towards the south end. Nothing till the last two passes when it got dark. Caught 7 Stripers sizes were 18" smallest 25" largest. All were caught on ultra-lite gear 4lb test. 1/8oz jigs multiple colors. 4" grubs multiple colors. All were caught on black jigs with grape grubs & black grubs fished real slow. Water level was a bit high, but since I was on top of it whats the difference. All kidding aside the water is coming down fast. Sorry no water temp. All in all a very productive day. Kayaks performance was top notch.

Tim
Esox CT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. What kind of kayak do you have? I just got an 11ft Ocean Kayak all done up for getting my fish on, haven't been out in it yet though...
Fishface

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Kayak Reply with quote

I have a 11' future beach fishing type
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those must be some fun fish on that kinda tackle,...nice job!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: