CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: Recommend a deep cycle battery for me Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, I have 4 batteries in my boat so changing them every 2 years can get a little costly. With proper care and charging the batteries are suppose to last 5 years. Plus, I can usually tell when 1 or more of the batteries is on it's way out because of the shortened duration I will experience on a trip out. Once I "feel" the motor is losing it's "balls" then it is time to replace all the batteries rather than just 1 or 2 as it is not a good idea to have a new battery among the old.
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim your right. I load test my batteries 3 to 4 times a year just to see the condition, I use them alot, at least 2 times a week. I go 2 years and thats it, was caught in a tourny doin well when all of a sudden my batterries decide to give me problems, so now i change them every 2 years no questions asked. it can get costly but to me its worth it. Very Happy
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, hey whatever works for ya. If I could get out twice a week consistently like you do I would be a happy fisherman! Very Happy
Bassinspector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I bought 3 batteries for my skeeter. I researched batteries and found there is like only 3 manufactures in the country for all the different brands. Ended up buying Wal Mart and so far no problems. Also if you keep your receipt in your truck and you are out of state and the battery fails you can go to any Wal Mart for replacement.
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the WalMarts also. So far have been great. Super easy to exchange them too. I get two new ones every year for free. They have a 24 month free replacement warranty. Most of the employees never even check the date. you just need to save your receipt. To me its worth it.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratos, you mean to tell me you got 2 free batteries every 2 years after the initial purchase and every 5th year you buy 2 new again and go through the exchange cycle again? They must indicate on the receipt that the original battteries have been replaced? Damn if you're getting away with that then THAT is a deal!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: