CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Pickerel Lake Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
next level

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got done setting up for tomorrow. see everybody in the morning.
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Metalfish, You will be slinging your WHAT???? Laughing
metalfish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Hey Metalfish, You will be slinging your WHAT???? Laughing

I will be slinging my spanky. Confused Laughing
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice to meet and fish with this great bunch of folks. I caught alot of slimey criters today. I got one small bass. 11 1/4" I got this

Which was sweet. But not what I was after. All in all my first t was a sweet experience. Thanks Flippy for seting this up.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalfish,Nice fish, Im glad you had fun, I hope everybody had a good time, had great weather,we had 57 degree water, but the fishin was slow, winning weight was 6.92lbs for 5 fish which was Flippy and BassAddict, it was close, NX882 and Djmon had 6.73lbs WOW thats close. and lunker went to TMACSR with a 1.65, it was a tough day with strong winds and slow fishin, I wanted to thank MikeHoncho with doing the weigh in, thank you. It was nice fishing with you guys I hope everybody can make the Lilly tourny. Now we all know why it is called Pickerel lake Laughing
Phish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting it together, Flippy. Though it was a tough day it was still a lot of fun. We managed 2 keepers a short and few slimedarts. Good to see everyone out there! Get some sleep Bass Addict (Justin)!

Jed
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim - Congratulations, and thank you for arranging this tourney. I hope you change your mind and arrange more of them. I know that getting the permits, figuring out parking, and organizing everything requires a lot of your time, and it is appreciated.

Justin & TMACSR - Congrats to you also. These "lunker" weights better keep going up though.

Jed - Thanks for having me as your non-boater. You're a cool guy...I'd fish with you again anytime. It's too bad you lost one of your custom rods. I'm going back to Pickerel tomorrow with a lure made from very strong neodymium magnets and will try to "catch" your reel while trolling the area. Odds of catching it are probably better than catching bass. I'm also going to organize a search party in the "Fishing Partners" section for others with small craft. Plan B involves us each trolling with magnets attached to metal garden rakes (which you supply.) I hope it doesn't come to that...but if it does, just bring your boys and have them do the embarrassing rakework.

P.S. My Pickerel Lake night bass would've won lunker. Cool

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*

Last edited by TurtleKiss on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you find it I'd certainly give you a just reward. That was my one "special" rod. Strange how i turned around and it was gone after I unhooked that fish.

You're welcome on by boat any time. Good fishing with you!
Tmac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: thank you. Reply with quote

Thanks Fiippy I know it takes alot to organize these tournaments. Give me a ring if you want to pre-fish lilly.I have always used the words partner rather than non boater ,When you fish with someone you dont know for 8 hours and you really click together well thats what this sport should be all about.
Tmac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: aweome Reply with quote

sorry im at my sons house watching his dogs . TMACSR
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to bad this wasn't a pickerel T Laughing

Justin
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
to bad this wasn't a pickerel T Laughing

I woulda ran away with it since I caught at least 25 pickerel. Everything I threw even 6 inch swimbaits caught a pickerel or had a follow to the boat and then swiped it. Mad That place would be a blast to take kids ice fishing non-stop action all day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: