CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Shimano Calais
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toptech

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Shimano Calais Reply with quote

I am looking at both the regular 200a and also the DC...I was wondering if anyone has one or has atleast been able to fish with one? i am able to get pick up one of each(perks of my job) but i was just tryin to get some feedback first. i will prolly get them either way. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a bit too rich for my blood, but from what I've found with Shimano products is that you get what you pay for. As I've bought more expensive reels with them, the satisfaction has always matched the price. Good luck and give us some feed back when you are able to throw them.
toptech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually brought it home last night and spooled it....I played with it a bit but I was just in my apartment cause it was raining out and i didnt feel like getting wet. Seems pretty cool so far...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have been out a couple times with the DC and Im impressed but its not exactly what I thought. Its a great reel but it can be backlashed.(ofcoarse). It has good power, extremely comfortable to fish with, casts amazingly far and is as smooth as could be. Im taking it out for stripers tonight to hopefully put a fish that will test its drag and cranking power.

All and all....so far its great fun to fish with but not worth its price tag enless you have more money than you know what to do with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: