CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Opening day black pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Opening day black pond Reply with quote

I know I know I know, I said " I will def not be paddling or go to Black Pond"....Well I was paddling my canoe at Black Pond. Managed 1 really nice rainbow and a very small pickerel....tried everything but they were only goin for the pheobe....all in all it was a good day, a lil cold, not too windy, blackberry brandy just right....
On twenty-pound test "
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening day black pond Reply with quote

Bass Sniper wrote:
I know I know I know, I said " I will def not be paddling or go to Black Pond"....Well I was paddling my canoe at Black Pond. Managed 1 really nice rainbow and a very small pickerel....tried everything but they were only goin for the pheobe....all in all it was a good day, a lil cold, not too windy, blackberry brandy just right....

Apology accepted.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you catch anything???

Also, LETS GO WHALERS!
On twenty-pound test "
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Sniper wrote:
you catch anything???

Also, LETS GO WHALERS!

Hell no. I was planning on trying for trout, until I saw 70 boats got to that side before me. I did not like seeing such a beautiful pond get gangbanged like that. I stayed in the channel for a while...threw a rattletrap and a dropshot w/nightcrawler in 22 FOW...had no idea what I was trying for at this point. I stayed because I was hoping people would LEAVE, plus I was delaying the hike to my truck. It was OVERLOOKING the pond.

Usually when it rains, I head for shore, throw on a disposable poncho, tie my boat to a tree or rock, and set up my 2 longer poles for catfish. There was no way I was gonna do that on Saturday with all those crazy people camping there. I ended up taking depth readings everywhere, and since there were some pads already, I got the frogs out...a few false strikes, that's about it. This was my first shutout at BP...and I probably went there 60 times last year...at least that's what I told the DEP when they did their little "survey."

My Whalers jacket held up pretty good, considering I've had it for 17 years. I miss them. Sad

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up on the New Haven Nighthawks but I miss the Whalers too...
On twenty-pound test "
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the Whalers too considering I use to work behind the team bench for them with the other equipment guys. Kira, what time did you get to Black Pond before you realized you arrived too late? Very Happy
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
I miss the Whalers too considering I use to work behind the team bench for them with the other equipment guys. Kira, what time did you get to Black Pond before you realized you arrived too late? Very Happy

A little after 5 a.m. It was raining where I live, so I didn't want to go too early, considering I'd just be spending that time pumping water out of my boat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: