CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Tomorrow 4/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Tomorrow 4/20 Reply with quote

It's supposed to be nice out...yeah I've heard that one before too. Got to redeem myself after Saturday's muddy hailstorm shutout. Not sure where I'm going, but 1/4 tank of gas within the Hartford area. Sometime in the afternoon. I can help unload your kayak, canoe, small boat, other craft...anyone???

C'mon, I don't bite.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Phish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't go because I'm hanging with the kids on their spring break, but you outta try Batterson now that it's open...and well within your quarter tank of gas.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phish wrote:
I can't go because I'm hanging with the kids on their spring break, but you outta try Batterson now that it's open...and well within your quarter tank of gas.

Yeah...Batterson is what I was thinking actually, but I have a terrible time there because the boat launch is so damn steep. Launching is OK, but lifting the rear end of my boat onto the tailgate at that angle sometimes takes more strength than I've got after I've been sitting in it for so long. That's where a fishing partner would come in handy, but I'd also like the company since I usually talk to no one for 10 hours at a clip.

Jed, please tell these guys not to be so scared to fish with me. I've been trying to find someone else in my situation, but no takers. THEY ARE FRIGHTENED! Thanks for responding, BTW. Smile

I'm also now accepting advice. You 22 people who have read this thread so far...tell me what I could be doing differently (and don't tell me to get gender reassignment surgery either.) I want to fish, you want to fish. Can we fish together? I can understand that people are busy, but I haven't been able to find a fishing buddy in the month & a half that I've been a member of this site. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's just timing. I'd definitely fish with you but I'm working today. I'd much rather fish with a buddy than fish alone any day. Unfortunately most times I fish alone as well. I'm sure we'll get out there at some point. Good luck rippin lips!!
BASSINJAYCT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KIRA YOU SHOULD TRY CONGAMOND IN SOUTHWICK IT HAS A GOOD RAMP FOR YOU TO LAUNCH AND PLENTY OF PEOPLE TO HELP YOU AND NORTH POND WOULD BE PERFECT FOR YOUR BOAT,FISHING IS GOOD IN NOTH POND ,LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE THERE TO TALK TO RAINBOW RES IS A GOOD CHOICE TO, I WILL BE AT CONGAMOND ON SAT AND RAINBOW ON SUNDAY
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
For me it's just timing. I'd definitely fish with you but I'm working today. I'd much rather fish with a buddy than fish alone any day. Unfortunately most times I fish alone as well. I'm sure we'll get out there at some point. Good luck rippin lips!!

Thanks...I'll do my best. Smile

Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is batterson still GREEN???? I went there once last year and the water was so green i couldnt see the electrcs prop and it was just under the surface. I ran into the ground with this thing that floats in less than a foot of water. My buddy who lives near there has yet to check it out and see if the water has cleared up. Not sure if its just a lake that stays green

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry gotta work, but have a happy 4 20
On twenty-pound test "
Phish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira's great to fish with! Like I said in the Pickeral T thread she's more than welcome on my boat!

The Batterson Launch is almost flat like Pickeral, unless you're talking about a launch I'm not aware of or I'm just completely blanking. Rainbow is definitely a steep launch, so while I love the place, it may be tough for you.

Jay, have you gotten any fish up there at Rainbow since I saw you? Is there life after they drained it after all???

Rookie, my experience with Batterson is that it's fine up in the Spring but the water gets really choked as the weeds come in. I don't remember the water being overly green, but it's been a year since I've been on the water in a boat over there. Didn't look terribly green from the shore.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Sniper wrote:
Sorry gotta work, but have a happy 4 20

And happy 420 to you also. Got my marine hookah installed and no one to share it with...lol

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phish wrote:
Kira's great to fish with! Like I said in the Pickeral T thread she's more than welcome on my boat!

The Batterson Launch is almost flat like Pickeral, unless you're talking about a launch I'm not aware of or I'm just completely blanking. Rainbow is definitely a steep launch, so while I love the place, it may be tough for you.

Jay, have you gotten any fish up there at Rainbow since I saw you? Is there life after they drained it after all???

Rookie, my experience with Batterson is that it's fine up in the Spring but the water gets really choked as the weeds come in. I don't remember the water being overly green, but it's been a year since I've been on the water in a boat over there. Didn't look terribly green from the shore.

To me, a good launch is fairly flat and I prefer to unload the boat on grass if possible. The bottom of the boat gets really scraped up on rocks and concrete since I'm essentially pulling it out of the truck and letting it drop down.

Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya got guts little lady, don't think for one minute i wouldn't fish with ya if i wern't so dam far away. Very Happy maybe one day you would like to fish the salt.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: