CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: has anyone been out?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Trout Council

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: has anyone been out? Reply with quote

Hey everyone im new to this site as well as new to CT. I just moved down to milford from the Western Mass area where i grew up fishing. This site as first glance seems more like a bass site but with the season on us(ive hit up the farmington this past week) im just lookin for some well known rivers ( not looking for your secret spots!) just some good fly fishing! any info would be very helpfull...

Thanks for any replys!

willing to drive but anything in or around milford would be great
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trout Council!

Go on the Ct. DEP site or get a copy of the Ct. Angler's Guide.
In the Streams and River section will be listed all the wild and stocked waters.

Me Question I tend to like the smaller streams and pocket water, much less heavily fished.

Fish may be smaller but much more challenging to fly fish for.
LOVE my native Brookies Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Trout Council

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallies are the best! Those cunning little suckers taste delicious and put up a great fight! Give me a native anytime! thanks for the reply seadog!

the trout council is pleased
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha
On twenty-pound test "
JiggyWithIt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The west branch farmington is about the best for fly fishing stop in the Upcountry bait and tackle on 44 in New Hartford. There are lots of fly fishing enthusiasts that are happy to share tips with fellow fly fishermen. Yes it is pretty challenging to sneak up on those little natives but once you master the sneak attack they are so aggressive I've actually caught them on a bare hook on several occasions. Laughing I used to fish a small stream that I could jump across in Vernon that held some sweet Natives that when I ran out of bait I would use a piece of leaf from a tree and still catch fish all day long!!! Matter of fact I caught 3.5 Brookie back in 88. That little stream is all catch and release today!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently fell in love with the Paugassett river in Westport, I was there the other day and the trout were doing backflips out of the water, not at my hook of course but theres some nice fish in there Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: