CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Good Luck on Opening Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Good Luck on Opening Day Reply with quote

Good luck everyone! Be sure to report and let everyone know where you went and how you did.

Tight lines-

BGH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hit a few of my favorite spots in Grandby, hit Salmon Brook in a few diff places. Manged to catch a beautiful 16 in native brookie a nice little 13 inch brown and a couple little rainbows. today i went to Straton brook park in simsbury and got 2 14-15 inch browns and a little 8 or 9 inch tiger trout witch was a first for me. my good friend hit straton brook park yesterday and got a pic of an 11 yr old that got a 13+lb breeder they stocked that same day. was one big a$$ trout.
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13lb? wow that must have been like 30 inches.... i have never see one that big, i got about 25 trout on opening day, everything been 11-16, i got one nice 18 inch brook trout, saw a half a dozen trout in the 4-8 lb range. I only fished from 6am until 8:30am then had to be home to do some stuff with the fiancee Smile IT was def. a good morning, I had most of my luck on whole kernel corn, white rooster tail and a small yellow panther martin with feathers.
Aj1986

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, was over 13lbs and 29 inches i think he said, biggest one iv seen. my buddy took a pic on his iphone ill try to get him to upload it soon. but the park put 10 breeders in ranging from 5-14 lbs. the 11 year old kid that caught the big one snagged it when it was in the shallows, didnt even catch it legitly.
tommytbomb88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did good on opening day caught 8 at the filter beds in east windosr the caught three at salmon brook in east granby right side of the bait shop then 13 more in somers mill all where browns and brookies expect one rainbow there was one native brown with orange meat they where all on shiner and worms and a rainbow thomas all in all the best opening day for me in a while
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening day was a bust for me- I work nights so I got out of work at 8am, called my buddy...he was hungover. Didn't get to Salmon River untill about 10am, maybe a bit later. Found a decent spot, but almost immediately other fisherman/women were shoulder to shoulder with us. We were having no luck throwing black Panther Martins...decided to jet and hit a small brook that runs through a park in our town...first cast my buddy nails a 13" brookie. Nice fish- good eating Smile All I could catch was a sucker-chub. Useless fish. Went the next day and again the only thing I could catch were those chubs...decent fight but stupid fish....

I guess I'll keep on trying different spots...my buddy caught a monster, sent me the pic on my phone...no idea the size or weight but it's the biggest trout I've ever seen...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those chub are not stupid fish they make wicked good cut bait for cat fish and awsome striper bait
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...didn't know that. will have to try that out sometime...thanks for the tip

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: