CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: mansfield lunkers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: mansfield lunkers Reply with quote

i am looking to fish this opening weekend at mansfield hollow and want to land some nice pike, just wanted to know where i should go and what bait/lures i should use, thanks guys
billybass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hear straight out from the boat launch to the right of the 2nd island ,that there is a nice channel from the fenton river coming threw there..Alot of people have told me thats the spot to be...I havnt tried it except for ice fishing and had no luck......good luck
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mansfield can be tough to fish, I 've seen and caught many pike on the south side down past the dam in the flats, close to the river channel that runs through there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i usually go under the tunnel and shoot str8 for the dam area and usually catch largies and pickere, imma definetly hit the spot by the second island, thanks for the replies guys
billybass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down by the dam you must mean were the NATCHAUG river feeds into it,or are you talking below the dam...lots of rivers going into that water ....fenton ..mt.hope and Natchaug...
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure lol all i know is i go right from the launch under the little tunnel then turn the 6 horse on and bomb str8 to the dam
setterman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the clearance/depth under the tunnel? Never been there just wondering how big a boat may make it under there?
billybass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont nknow the clearance but i have seen a lot of different style bass boats make it threw ,,i want to say from water to top 6 - 8 ft thats a guess but i think very close to that
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full size 21 foot bass boats and big deep v's make it through there no problem, unless the water is way up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got a 12 foot row boat
bambieslayer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother an i troll alot up there for early pike from the opening of the fenton to the second island then from big dead tree sta8 to the back .we do well with perch or trout rappalas.good luck that can be a real fun place 2 fish.i have a17ft lowe deep v an i go under the bridge just as long as water is not to high then nobody fits under.
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fished mansfeild a little bit a week ago and only got a monster pumkin seed, fished the dam all the way back to the boat launch, i never seem to find the pike, where they hell are them suckers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: