CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: patchaug lake help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOBSTERMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: patchaug lake help Reply with quote

iam going their this weekend and have never fished it before ...anybody have any info they want to give out .any spots ,lure colors ..thanks for the info
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: pachaug Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on the place,..but it's a large, shallow lake and the fish can come from just about anywhere in the whole place. There's no "secret spots" that I know about,..just pick anywhere and start working the shoreline as you move along. The deepest places are in the boatlaunch-channel before it opens up to the main lake. I would definitely plan to cover some water with a spinnerbait, rattletrap,..shallow crankbait etc. (or buzzbait if it's heavy overcast or raining...). The whole lake is pretty much carpeted with grassy weeds so you want to think about stuff that won't get burried all the time. Senkos, lightly weighted tubes etc. Take your pick! I don't think I ever tried it,..but a dropshot may work to keep your bait above the weeds! There are very few pockets of lilypads or other surface-weeds,..so it's mostly open water fishing! The one sizeable stretch of lilypads where I've caught a few fish, is all the way down at the far end of the lake to the left of the island!

Good luck with it!! Cool
stumpy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coves to the right side of the lake might be pretty good to you. i have fished 2 of them. first one is when you lined up with the island on your left the cove is to the right side. then there is a cove off of that to the right with some weeds and pads in there. that place really gets pounded with preassure. i rent a cottage up there with my inlaws i saw 70-80 boats in a weekend for tournaments. and the place is 800+ acres.
fish-a-medic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toilet!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish-a-medic wrote:
Toilet!

i think it's a great lake just over preassured.
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great lake to fish but it is pressured very much. The smallmouth are starting to comeback more and there are some big largemouth in there.

If you go during the week you will be one of the only boats on the water.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey went to pachaug sunday ..did ok got 4 bass ..all small but it was something.. thanks for the help guys
stumpy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job that place could be tough with all the preassure it gets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: