CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Another old noob
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YankeePicker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Another old noob Reply with quote

Hello all.

I'm kind of an Old Noob. I grew up fishing the banks of the CT River around the Chicopee/South Hadley Ma line. Mostly carp, catfish, perch, shad, and the occasional eel. Adulthood took me to the US Navy for 10 years, and then I landed in Connecticut. I have been away from fishing for a LONG time, due to family commitments and helping care for my Mother who passed away last year. I started fishing again last last season hitting some small local ponds and the Farmington river with my daughter who loves to fish, and my Wife who loves to be outside with us.

So yeah, looking forward to getting out there more this year, and filling in my large knowledge gaps.

Cheers

-Paul

Last edited by YankeePicker on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Fishface

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! What did you do in the Navy? My dad is also in the Navy and is currently serving in Fleet Forces Command in Norfolk VA. Once again welcome to the site
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Yankee /Paul. !!!

GO NAVY !!!!! Laughing ''

USN / Uss tarawa CVS 40 1958. Mr. Green

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
YankeePicker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

@Bass 4 me, I worked in the IUSS community as an OTM (very small rate, no longer exists). Basically I maintained passive sonar equipment used in the tracking and identification of submerged and surface vessels. Wink

@Old Mud, I was one of those guys that never stepped foot on a ship in my 10 years. Not my fault really, my rate did not go to sea. We had all kinds of shore stations. My last was Iceland, stayed there 5 years. They did away with the rate, and merged most of us into ST and ET. Took that as my cue to leave. Rolling Eyes still it was a great experience.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: