CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River canoe access
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weekend angler

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: CT River canoe access Reply with quote

hey Fellas. Quick question. I'm thinking of taking my kayak to the Ct river on Saturday, but I'm not familiar with it. Does anyone know off any access points for dropping a kayak in. I'll be driving up from Trumbull.
Thanks appreciate it.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are numerous state owned boat launches as well as state parks all up and down the river. I would get an anglers guide that will tell you where they are. U can get one anyplace that sells a license and probably online at the states website i would imagine.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you're coming up the coast and are talking about near the mouth of the river,..I would suggest either Old Lyme ferry road launch & dock right next to the coast guard station and is right on the main river,....or Great Island boat launch which is a good paddle off the main river in a protected backwater area. You can find directions and descriptions of each one here:
http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/searchtown.asp?townno=105

Assuming that you are looking for stripers,..I would fish the shallow flat on the Old Lyme side of the river, anywhere from the railroad bridge all the way down to the breakwater! Wink One note though,..although they won't be extremely close to you,..there will be large ocean boats motoring in that section of the river over in the channel,..so keep your eye out for the inevitable wakes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: