CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: We've been screwed again! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

The state finally figured out that raising the fishing and hunting fees was costing millions in lost tax revenue.

Sportsmen that would have come to Ct. and spent their money have decided to go else where.
Also the higher fees to use state parks has made the state -> tourist unfriendly.

LOSSES IN:

Lic. fees collected -> Resident & Non-Resident
State Park fees
Hotels/Motels
Sporting Goods
Camp Grounds
Expeditures for food/resturants
Retail Goods
Etc.; Etc.; Etc. Exclamation

Did they roll back the fees in time to save the up coming summer influx of sportsmen and tourist who spend their money here.
Hard to say Exclamation Personally I think it's too late and the short fall on revenues collected will prove very significant.

SO! Everyone beware that this isn't over by a long shot Exclamation
The politicians STUPIDITY in this state is un-believable Exclamation

SeaDog1
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if the license prices stayed the same but gas instead of being almost $3 a gallon now Crying or Very sad went back to $1.99 like in the winter of 2008 Laughing
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pisses me off. The State knew no 'weekend warrior' trout "fisherman" would bother buying a license for their one trip per year (read: opening day) at the price of $40 so they cut it down. Course, most of us I think have already gotten our licenses, and the money talks.

Refund? HAHA. This is still CT we're talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should print Govenor Rell's next statement in the newspaper........"To all Sportsmans who had purchased their license before the price roll back, unfortunately there will be no refund so Thank you for your generous donation to the CT General Fund. Feel good knowing that your help in balancing the CT Deficit is very much appreciated." Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought mine online...... $28 i feel bad for you guys that paid the 40 thats real b.s.

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Mastermind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought two inland licenses getting pulled for $24. That sucked, but when I called DEP the woman I spoke to was extremely rude as soon as I said "40".

That was unacceptable and I also will now make a stink of this. They need to reimburse us in one form or another. Either giving us the money off next year, or refunding it now. We're being punished for being responsible fisherman.

If not, I will be fishing different waters and hunting different lands next year. Along with the other 3 people I avidly do these activities with. I would suggest everyone takes the same approach and maybe Rell won't feel she can rip us off so blatantly.

No direct disrespect, but if we don't make a stink, don't be surprised when this crap happens again next year too with the way they are casually taking advantage of us.
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, when I said they where battling it, and I asked everybody to write a letter,and 1 person on this sight told me Im dreamin and crazy, Right ROOKIE, Well what happened, ROOKIE, Unfortunately the good old state, changed there minds and screwed the people that already purchased there license, Its not over yet lets see what they do, they should compensate the people that purchased there license earlier, we will see, Legally I believe this is wrong, I believe also that this is going to go further than CT newspapers, It just goes to show that we are just peons, And when they realize how many licenses were sold before this crap and that all these anglers are pissed, I think they will do something, WE WILL SEE Rolling Eyes I believe the state attorney is being swamped with phone calls and letters, and if you decide to write a letter or email a letter to any official,REMEMBER, BE NICE.You dont get anywhere being rude. CT TEA Party is forming fast. They keep doing this crap and there going to need government backup. Evil or Very Mad I think ESPN should do a Saturday special on CT anglers, it would be an amusing episode.All I have to say to the state is No respect for us, No respect for you!!!! ENOUGH SAID Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation And guys remember its not the DEP, there just doing there jobs.Its the senate.
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info Slimie.... Glad I have held out, I still have not purchased one!! and we have a T on Sunday!! PROCRASTINATION IS MY GAME!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESUS!!!!

You SUCK Pointing dog!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Chance...rewards the prepared mind..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointingdog wrote:
"Chance...rewards the prepared mind..."

Pointingdog has been reading fortune cookies again. Wink
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Possible refund ahead!!! Reply with quote

Possible good news for the ones who purchased early....

Hartford, Conn. (AP) - Early birds who purchased their Connecticut fishing and hunting licenses before the General Assembly reduced a recent price increase are moving closer to getting a credit for next year's license.

The Senate passed the provision on Thursday evening. The bill now moves to the House of Representatives.

Earlier this month, Gov. M. Jodi Rell signed into law a budget bill that rolled back some unpopular fee increases that became effective last October. Instead of $40, a fishing license will now cost $28.

The rollback took effect on April 17, opening day of trout season. But some legislators said it was only fair that the
Department of Environmental Protection provide a credit next year to those who paid their license fees early.

The House has until May 5 to approve the bill.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/hartford_cty/Hartford-early-bird-fishers-could-get-a-refund

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does anyone know what happens If i paid $40 for a fresh water license and I decide to get a inland one aswell? Do I have to pay even more money and get screwed twice????
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunting Reforms Pass in Connecticut !

On Tuesday, May 4, before the legislature adjourned at midnight, the Connecticut State House of Representatives passed Senate Bill 207, as amended by the State Senate. This bill would establish a credit to those who purchased a hunting or fishing license, permit or tag between October 1, 2009 and April 14, 2010 at the unjustified price increase imposed this year. This credit would be applied to any such license, permit or tag purchased by an individual on or after October 1, 2010 and help provide restitution to the affected sportsmen.

This bill also allows Connecticut residents, who hold a valid Connecticut permit-to-carry, to hunt deer on privately owned land, using a handgun, specifically, revolvers or single shot pistols from November 1 to December 31.

SB 207 now heads to the desk of Governor Jodi Rell (R) for her consideration. Please call Governor Rell and urge her to support Senate Bill 207. Governor Rell can be reached at 860-566-4840 and Governor.Rell@ct.gov
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: