CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT river 5/1-5/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DV

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: CT river 5/1-5/7 Reply with quote

Lots of small schoolies hitting around my area at just about anytime on a good day. Been averaging about 5-6 an outing on small x-raps, sandworms and shiners, they hit almost everything. My buddy managed to pull out a hefty brozeback on a 3-4" lure, this fish was as thick as a brick. My biggest striper so far was 26" with a ton in the 14-26" class. Starting seeing some herring break the surface at a few spots but no luck on the bigger baits like bombers and plastic shad. Best times for me have been midday [10-3] evening [6-8] and late night [11-3].

Shore access is getting tough at the popular times like friday evening and weekends. Went from about 1-2 to other people a couple weeks ago to maybe 10-12 on the beaches on a nice day. Lots of people leaving their mess behind as well, seems like every time I go to my main spot I have to spend 20 minutes picking up after people. I mean I like fires and drinking beer too, but it is not that hard to put the trash & emptys in a plastic bag and take it with you. It takes a long time for a fire to burn a can, oh and some idiots have been leaving without putting fires out. My trunk is loaded with bags of others peoples waste. Looks like I need to find some new spots.

24" at midnight

Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job,..but keep at it cause there are bigger fish all the way up the river now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: