CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Mashapaug Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aj1986

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Mashapaug Lake Reply with quote

Does anyone know if you are able to camp anywhere along the lake or on any of the islands? Iv only been there once, earlier this year ice fishing, but iv seen fire pits and what not on some of the islands. Was wondering if i could camp there or if i have to stay on the boat all night. I know bigelow state forest closes at night and you cant camp there, but on a ct camping website it listed mashapaug as one of the places to camp. Thanks
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know all the in's and outs about the state park regs, because I don't do much camping, but the islands I believe are all privately owned and most are posted, so the islands are out unless you know and have permission from 1 of the owners.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about mashapaug ,,but has you enter the park there is parking and trails that lead to breakneck pond witch is about a mile walk from bigelow
and i know for sure you can camp up there you just need to get a permit from the town you should just ask about mashapaug also....good luck
panfishh8r

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is illegal to camp in mashapaug unless you have a camping permit. Word is that the Dep sells the permits but in limited amounts. To be honest i have never tried to get one so i cant confirm this. But definitely DO NOT camp there without one because people get kicked out of breakneck all the time and its a part of bigelow hollow state park
Aj1986

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, ill have to look into other lakes, were trying to find a place to go for memorial day weekend. first we were going to go to the farmington but we thought about lakes because we have a friend with a boat that wanted to go. ill just have to contact the dep for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: