CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: So what do you think?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manillathrilla

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: So what do you think? Reply with quote

I have had a terrible last 8 months, my girlfriend left me after three years, I have been stressed out all the time and have yet to really get out fishing this year. Do you think that since things have been so shitty for me the fishing will makeup for everything and be extraordinarily in my favor this summer?

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubtful.
Sorry to hear about your hardships, but it usually doesnt work that way. I say just start drinking or smoking crack.
DV

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish way worse in a bad mood, much to fast and not paying attention. Take a week off of work, disable your cell phone and get out on the water.
MarkO

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to keep it positive guys. Manilla, you're asking if fishing will help you when you are down on a fishing based website, correct?

Do you think needle point will help granny on stitchthisQtip.com when she is sad?

Of course it will!!!! Get the (f) out and get your mind off of the crap that is getting you down. Make some new friends here or where ever, let people know you are single again, and pow, good stuff starts to happen again.

I've lost many a big fish to a great battle, did I sell all my sh*t and stop fishing? Chin up dude, chin up.

I listen to this type of stuff from some people at work. While they are pinnig away, life is slippin away.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree get back in the saddle and rip some lips, it always makes me feel better.

When I'm on the water it is my time. I don't think about the stresses of work, the kids, the wife, the dog or any of that bullshit. Believe me, the BS will still be there when you get home. Don't worry about the women, there are plenty out there, 3 to every guy I believe, another will come along when you least expect it. So in the mean time get out on the water and enjoy a little time for yourself! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get out and do some fishing.Then, All you need is 250 for a hour, and you will be pleased Cool
So what you get is a smile and a bigger smile later..................................................
You wake up the next day very happpy.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start lifting weights. Thats what I did when that stupid (another name for a female dog) stabbed me in the back and started talking to her ex. Now she wants me back because I transformed but now theres hotter fish in the sea that are after me.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: So what do you think? Reply with quote

manillathrilla wrote:
I have had a terrible last 8 months, my girlfriend left me after three years, I have been stressed out all the time and have yet to really get out fishing this year. Do you think that since things have been so shitty for me the fishing will makeup for everything and be extraordinarily in my favor this summer?

Do you honestly think that your failed relationship has any correlation to the size/quantity of fish you'll catch?

Fishing will help you relax, but I doubt the fish are going to be forming a line to get on your hook out of pity. If it's something you enjoy doing...go out and do it. You might benefit from talking to your doctor about antidepressants/anti-anxiety treatments as well.

BT - lifting weights worked for you, but it might have been the confidence you gained that made the difference with the chicks...not your physical transformation. Then again, you're young so maybe it is all superficial.

Ian -$250/hr? That must be one hell of a boat! LOL

Screw this crap. I'm going fishing.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell yes, it will help clear you head, get out there and fish right now, it is a beautiful day out there and the fish are still spawning in some places. I just got home from a local pond and caught 5 fish in about 2 hours, they all came off of beds.

I don't know about the rest of you but when I fish, that is all that i am thinking about. I got plenty of stuff going on in my life that is stressful and painful but when I am fishing, it helps me escape..

"You might benefit from talking to your doctor about antidepressants/anti-anxiety treatments as well. "

Stay away from that sh*t, it does way more harm than good. There are plenty of natural remedies to help you cope.

Justin
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 to every guy Gary???? NOW YA TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard about the new cougar cruises? Or how bout a booze cruise. Live it up... Dont fish local go somewhere. Do some sail fishin or some bone fishin...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: