CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Carp
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshcarper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Carp Reply with quote

I'm off Carp fishing this coming Weekend, and was wondering if anybody knows any places which I'm guaranteed to catch and does not have a closed season?

Tight Lines everyone Very Happy
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapman pond.. Some MONSTERS in there...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha very funny...good luck trying to fish the river for the next few days....esp down south...
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Ronny your kidding right?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing , Birge Pond in Bristol, LOADED with carp, must have wonder bread and strawberry jelly.
drawnon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG... I live 2 seconds away from Birge Pond in Bristol, and everyone I know tells me there are monster carp in there. last year I set up 5 rods with cinnamon and sugar bread balls mashed onto treble hooks, sat for 3 hours and ended up with 2 catfish. Unless I see one for my self, I don't believe anyone.
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey drawnon, I live 5 seconds away, I have a 13 year old son that will show you these carp, you almost sound like your a neighbor, He goes with 1 rod and catches 2 or 3 after he baits the area, I am very near jennings school.
drawnon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I was just there yesterday with my buddy and we set up 4 poles, and again, no carp. This time instead of bread balls we tried "carp bait" from dicks. You probably see my jeep parked on the side of the road a lot.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drawnon, I think its a little early, my son doesnt start fishing for them until he starts to see them all, near the surface, I dont know, I dont fish for them, but I have walked on the road with my dog and saw hundreds of them, well not that many but ALOT. Ive seen him bait an area with bread balls, and he claims no crust, and then about an hour later he starts to catch them. they scream across the pond its funny because he has to fight them for about a half hour, with his cheap zebco rod, its actually funny to watch, he usually fishes for them in the back right before the swamp in the back, actually its the bottleneck, youll see him down there or maybe you have, he claims that on the other side of the pond on the wooded side theres a tree sticking out of the water, he says they bunch up there and roll around this time of year.He wants a bow and arrow with a reel to shoot for them, But thats not going to happen!! I usually go down to the dam before I go fishin to see what color the crayfish are, its funny how they change with moon phases. they go from dark grey to green to orange, its neat.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bread balls mixed with corn work best for me wrapped with egg sac netting.... Have some bog ones cheshire meriden area i call it dog pond or hanover pond the quinnipiac flows into it they have alot over by the go-cart racing and behind lunker city....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: