CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Cape Cod in late May...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjd241

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Cape Cod in late May... Reply with quote

Any Cape people onboard?... Going up late May early June... Any best -bets from locals in the know? Salt or Fresh??... I lean Salt up there. tjd
MSM07

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a local, but go up quite a bit, for salt if you want a big one go to Nauset beach in Orleans, go down the public beach in early morning, head down left on the beach there is a huge rock down about a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile, always get big ones off there. For schoolies go to river road in Orleans, always good for one or two, also for schollies in Denisport there is a bridge and inlet on lighthouse road, near the Kream and Kone, lighthouse road doesn't come up on a gps, but the restaurante does, its right down the road from there. Also try off of Rock Harbor, on the side there at hgih tide i heard its all right. Last spot is in East Sandwhich, the marina off there has a lot of current, never fished it but i heard reports of a 50 incher coming out of there on a blue and white popper. Hope this is some help.
tjd241

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Thanks for th tips...MSM Reply with quote

We stay in Orleans every year and I've hit the spots you mention... Good to know I haven't been flailing the water needlessly. Last trip to Nauset saw me moving around a REAL lot due to the seals. I have heard that they are still there in pretty good numbers. Will more than likely chuck a few lures down at Rock Harbor. We're on our 2nd Honeymoon after 20 years so I can only devote limited time to fish. I figure I'll just take the trusty Ben Doerr and a bag of artificials to make this a simple affair while my honey sleeps in. Good thing is that a great place to get breakfast is right on the way (Hole In One).... You'd be surprised how well walking back into the hotel room with all my gear ( during our romantic getaway ) can go over if I'm also toting good coffee and tasty breakfast to go!!!! ... Wipes the stink-eye right away. thx again.... tjd
PECo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjd

You got balls, man! My wife doesn't mind that I fish all the time, but I wouldn't even try on our anniversary.

Congrats on your 20-year. I have only a couple more years to go.

Phil

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: well... not really... Reply with quote

Nah.. No brass ones required... I get up early... Would likely click on the TV (low or no sound of course)..... wife's contentedly sleeping-in until I do that... At least this way I occupy myself for an hour or so of what would otherwise be disturbed sleep for her... and me bouncing around the hotel room trying not to make noise... and doing a very poor job of it!!! She's a great catch ( my personal best ) and she couldn't care less if I fished a little under those circumstances. We have the whole rest of the day and night for me to happily drive her wherever her little heart desires and love every minute while doing so.... Now trying to drag HER along for a few casts is a whoooole nuther story....lol
MSM07

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that place is great for breakfast, ever hit nonnie's? Starting to get a little pricey, but that place is awesome, hit it everytime i go. Great pancakes and coffee is pretty good too.
tjd241

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll give Nonnie's a shot... Thanks for the tip..... Man I'm stoked to get away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: