CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bucket people
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmon

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Bucket people Reply with quote

I don't know if this should have been posted under bass fishing, lake, or a new forum "pond" which probably wouldn't fit either but;
how smart is the town of Wallingford to drop the water levels and start draining Mackenzie Rez. during the fish spawning?.?.?.?... it was bad enough last when they drained it and alot of the good fish went. I know most ppl think whatever of this place but in all honesty it has great fish in it, can be good from shore especially for people that want to take their kids and it has fish in it period so why look down on it. It'd be a great place I'm sure if the town allowed car top boats as well. The only times and reasons it's not good is when you have the same guys there every day and night with their buckets and live bait throwing everything that bites in their buckets. To top that off you have two types of these guys. The ones who put everything in a bucket including such things as 4-5inch and try saying it's 12"; that take everything home to in assuming eat. Then you have the guys who when they leave throw everything back which most of the time it's all dead or dying.

For those that know macks, nothing better than watching two guys that are in such a "need" for a bucket of 3" fish laying on their stomaches to cast under the road way now that's the water is down.

Look don't get me wrong, I understand if u keep some fish to eat. Everyone does but there's a difference between keeping a few every couple nights of good meal size vs keeping EVERYTHING of any size
FishinViciousPete

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask too see there licence. And mackenzie is for wally world residents only. I've pulled some good Bass out of there.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Who ya gonna call? Reply with quote

I've wondered about the bucket people too. They really do keep everything. I once asked an older couple of subsistence fishers whether they eat it all and they said that they do.

I've put the DEP TIP Hotline in my cellphone for when I feel there's a problem. The number is 800-842-4357.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

800-842-HELP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: