CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Waterbury Hot Spots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbehla1221

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Waterbury Hot Spots Reply with quote

I'm going to be enrolled as a student at Post University next fall. I'm an avid bass fisherman hailing from Eastern Pennsylvania. I've never gotten the chance to fish the area in or surrounding Waterbury. I know I'm 45 minutes from salt water fishing.

I would just like some information on lakes, rivers, ponds, anything holding a bass that can be somewhere I can fish when I'm at college. Any local rules, regulations? Anything on bass fishing near waterbury would be of help to me.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Check MapQuest or Google Earth Reply with quote

I think Candlewood Lake is the biggest lake in Connecticut. It's just north of Danbury and about 20 miles from Post University. It's surrounded by a lot of other big fishing lakes. I wish I lived closer to it.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Check MapQuest or Google Earth Reply with quote

Mad places around that area. Like Phil said plus lake zoar, The housatonic which is the same to me. lil place dang forgot the name but its down the street from balleys. its a state park. lakewood in dirty water holds fish not to much but they got some they got some big ass catfish too. i know alot of small rivers in the area but those are hush hush.... Always fish in the holes when i go so imma leave it at that. When you get your license get the book and look for local places around there.Hop brook thats whats the closet to you...
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoville Lake on Wolcott /Waterbury line is pretty good. Decent size bass and trout plus the occasional bowfin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: