CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Nod Brook WMA 05/23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Nod Brook WMA 05/23 Reply with quote

I wasn't planning on fishing today (really), but had to get out of the house for a while, so I headed over to Nod Brook WMA from about 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. I fished the upper pond for most of the time I was there. I had just bought some softbait Yum frogs and wanted to try them out. They swim really nicely with a slightly weighted hook.

Anyway, I didn't get any hits on the frog, other than panfish nibbling at the feet. I switched to a wacky-rigged worm and caught eight largemouth bass; six on the upper pond and two on the lower pond. I had my Berkley scale, but I couldn't reach my Lipper Fish Gripper in the back of my kayak, so I couldn't really measure the lengths. All of the fish were under 1 lb. The biggest was about 14 inches and weighed only 15 oz.

The south end of the lower pond is about as choked up with weeds as I've seen it in the last three years. Plus, some idiots threw their empty beer cans into the pond. A dog walker and I cleaned most of it up. It really pisses me off when people trash a place and especially so when they're fishermen, which I'm pretty sure they were. I found some corn on a rock next to a pile of trash, so they were probably carping. Idiots!

I might head back again soon to check out the edge of the weed bed on the lower pond. I thought I could see where it ended about halfway down the pond, but I didn't bother to paddle down this time.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude tell me about it, it has got on my nerves so much that I end up carrying trash bags in my tackle bag/box when I am shore fishing to clean up after people. Some of the spots even have a trash can placed near them, how can you be that lazy that just throw crap onto the sand or rocks. I find that if there is trash on the ground more people are apt to litter too, so I try to clean it up to stop the idiots and the followers. One time I fished a local spot at night and bumed a lighter off a guy fishing down in the corner and he had a box of popsicle he was eating(weird right?). I went back in the am to fish again and found that he left all of his sticks scattered on the ground with beer cans and tackle packages etc. I hate people

I know how you feel with the senkos, they just work so well. I just placed an order of about 20 bags of various plastic baits, few senkos and many other types. Need to expand my finesse techniques away from expensive senkos. I have found that weightless zoom brush hogs/super brushhogs work about the same as senkos. You can also use a weighted swinbait hook and they kinda swim around. Best part is you can find them in local dicks/wally/sports authority on clearance in various colors for $1.97.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: