CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Thanks Guys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Thanks Guys Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for for responding. I'm new to this site and just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job on the water. Thanks to Rivernut, also. It's nice to have some correct info instead of theory. I'm staying away from the Global Warming thing, but I will be hitting the river on Thursday evening. I just don't seem to have a lot of confidence in the Windsor stretch right now, so I'm trying to decide if I should hit Hartford/Wethersfield Cove, or brave Kings Island. I'm thinking it's late enough in the season that the cows may be stacked up before the damn. What do you guys think? I'll let you know what happens.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Guys Reply with quote

How are you fishing???? Bait? or artificial?
DV

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipper all I have seen caught or have caught in eastwinder, windsor locks, kings island or WF cove has been schoolies. Been using a combo of bait and artificials and everyone has told me to go south.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree to go south to the mouth or few miles up from mouth but thats as far as i would go....
Flipper

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using both bait and lures, but mostly bait. All I have caught all year has been schoolies as well. They are fun, but not what I'm looking for. Don't think I will have time this weekend to go to the mouth, but I'm going to try around Hartford. Saw some blitzes at Jennings Rd boat launch yesterday on my lunch break.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipper.

SkeeterJim and I went this past Monday.

We hit the flats by the I95 & RR bridge. We liminted out fast. The schools a Stripers were all over the flats.

Everything we caught was over 30".

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: