CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Crystal Lake (Middletown)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Protect Your Necks

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Crystal Lake (Middletown) Reply with quote

Has anyone ever had any luck fishing at this lake? I have only gone twice for a few hours and caught one pickerel. I only fish from shore....no boat yet.
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in Middletown and learned how to fish for bass at Crystal Lake. The lake is in a down period now for bass fishing, but some nice fish still exist there. You have to have a boat to get to some of the better fishing areas.
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

I grew up a mile from there. There are some very nice spots. Instead of parking where the boat ramp is and little fishing dock, park over by the gazebo/buildings. There is a trail on the other side of the little brick building, if you follow that all the way down you'll come to some big rocks on your left, theres a 8-9 foot ledge right there and it only gets deeper. If your having no luck, just move around, you have water on all 3 sides of you with all different depths. Depending the water level its very good in there. There are ALOT of rocks and some shallow spots where the bass spawn up in there. Thats the best place to fish if you dont have a boat, of if you go on the other side of the lake and talk to some home owners who wouldn't mind you fishing of their property. Otherwise thats the best spot. I had ALOT of lucky there just jigging and/or minnows. Its nice and shaded as well and a good PRIVATE spot to have lunch and a couple drinks if your relaxing
Protect Your Necks

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. I have seen that spot out on the point before, i'll have to go try it again.
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are some good fish in there. Good luck, go early or in the evening, there are fish in there when the sun is up but those hot days in the sun could be hard sometimes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: