CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Farmington/Barkhamsted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSM07

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Farmington/Barkhamsted Reply with quote

I've been going down to the farmington, specifically at people state forest and around the Barkhamsted area. Benn having good luck there the first 2 times I went about a month ago and did very well, but last week I went and the river was high and only caught a small salmon. I was just wondering if anyone else was having any luck around that area, because I seem to have had a hard time getting them to hit last time in a place I usually have good luck at.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmington/Barkhamsted Reply with quote

The fish have spread out and got stuck in holes while the water was low... Since the rain they have spread out.... Just got mine like a week ago in my pick from that area... Keep fishing dont give up i love this river.... Have noticed the fish have moved to faster water the ones that were holding in the slower waters in that area... Just a hint from venturing around...
MSM07

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks man, and no way im giving up, bout a month ago me and my friend got 25 total fish around that area in like 2 hours. 4 brookies,3 brownies, a rainbow and the rest were salmon ranging from 4 inches to 9 inches. All the trout were from 12 inches to 16 inches long. Im taking a little break there though, ton of people go memorial day weekend, so ill give it time.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got over 40 opening day... Best yet so far and that was just me... Covered alot of area tho from Riverton all the way to New Hartford...Thats good pressure on the fish hopefully will scatter some some more still know alot of holes that are holding alot of fish catch and release only unless its whats in the pic....
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be out there early evening spotting in the riverton area today.... Anyone care to join?
MSM07

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im heading down to people state forest with my dad tomorrow, i'll let you know how we do tomorrow night.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am gonna try to get there tonight also but dont know what part of river i will be going to as of right now...
MSM07

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to peoples state forest yesterday, only got 2 small brookies, one was 6 inches and the other was like 10 or 11 inches. Also got my one small salmon that was 8 inches long. Was there for 3 hours. The water level was so high it was ridiculous, didn't feel like putting on my waders and even if I did, the fish just weren't there in the numbers when the river is normal to low. Im going to give that place a break for a while, let the water level drop then give it a shot in late June.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to riverton today. Only got 4 but lost 3 over 4lbs tryin to land them... Water was to fast and high near i was so not like i could of pulled it to shore... Was in waders in middle of river and buy the time i got to shore kept losing them... They are in there got 2 rainbows over 15" and one brown and one brook 13"'s.... kept the rainbows for the cookout this weekend..
MSM07

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice what you getting them on? I can't fly fish quite yet so I use 3/16 oz. blue fox spinners or smaller. And 4 pounders are quite impressive, how long you estimate they were?
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say in the 20's.... Some guy was there laughing at me cause i kept losing them but i said you come walk in the river dude...LOL
MSM07

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, bet you he wasnt getting in and guaranteed thats the guy who isnt catching anything all day so he has nothing better to do than make fun of someone nailing them but losing them real close. haha.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard crankbaits.. i call them stick baits just like rapala hj6 and hj8
MSM07

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I was not expecting that, but me and my friend were fishing for bass at beach pond a while back and he was nailing trout on the same style bait, so it doesn't surprise me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: