CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Smoked Fish!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Smoked Fish! Reply with quote

Hi All!

Smoked 2 1/2 doz. Trout and Salmon fillets today, after brining them in my special "Rum and Honey brine".

OMG! -> Did they come out delicious!

Gave some to my next door neighbor and his elderly mother. She loved it!!
Will have to smoke up a batch just for her!

You know -> We really need a fish recipe section on this forum Exclamation
I'm sure a number of members have some great recipes they would be happy to share.

Happy Memorial Day -> Especially to our Men and Women in Uniform and to THOSE that gave ALL to protect this Country Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thats funny you post this, i never smoked a fish before but i have my trout soaking in a brine right now, im going to smoke them tomorow, i have a VERY old smoker but hsould be fun Razz
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Sounds delicious. . . Reply with quote

. . . but I'm kind of a purist when it comes to fish. Walleye is my favorite fish to eat. A little sea salt, a little freshly cracked black pepper, a light dusting of Wondra flour and then pan-fried in salted butter. Now that's the ticket.

I also like my sushi without wasabi or soy sauce, although I like uni (i.e., sea urchin gonads) on rice and wrapped with nori (i.e., seaweed).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: