CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Lost a lure link......
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjd241

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Lost a lure link...... Reply with quote

Embarassed Memory failure here... There is a lure maker (not mass producer) that makes these swimming plugs that (for lack of a better explanation).. are almost round... like a sphere. They have a lip and are like a crankbait only no elongated body. I think the maker is an east coast smaller company maybe even located in New England? I saw them advertised on one of the NE saltwater sites geared towards NE fishing. They were kind of pricey if I remember correctly. They were nicely painted in MANY typical salty patterns and colors. Anybody remember these chubby looking swimmer plugs??? Thanks in advance for any help. tjd
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Lost a lure link...... Reply with quote

tjd241 wrote:
Embarassed Memory failure here... There is a lure maker (not mass producer) that makes these swimming plugs that (for lack of a better explanation).. are almost round... like a sphere. They have a lip and are like a crankbait only no elongated body. I think the maker is an east coast smaller company maybe even located in New England? I saw them advertised on one of the NE saltwater sites geared towards NE fishing. They were kind of pricey if I remember correctly. They were nicely painted in MANY typical salty patterns and colors. Anybody remember these chubby looking swimmer plugs??? Thanks in advance for any help. tjd

Any idea what decade these are from? I don't know much about vintage lures, but I've been selling a few from the 1930's that sort of match your description. Wooden lures were a lot rounder in style than they are now - check out the Creek Chub dinger/dingbat & the Pfleuger globe.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
tjd241

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks T.K., I'll check the CreekChub line and keep searching the web... btw, do you have a pet turtle??

These were actually newly made lures, although they could be based on an old design. Maybe less spherical than I described... Perhaps stubby is a better description of them and they were imitating baby bunker, baby alewives, etc. ... definitely wood body and lipped though.

thanks again...tjd
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjd241 wrote:
Okay thanks T.K., I'll check the CreekChub line and keep searching the web... btw, do you have a pet turtle??

These were actually newly made lures, although they could be based on an old design. Maybe less spherical than I described... Perhaps stubby is a better description of them and they were imitating baby bunker, baby alewives, etc. ... definitely wood body and lipped though.

thanks again...tjd

I named my dinghy "Dinghbat" after finding an old Creek Chub dingbat from the 30's in an old tackle box. It's a fat, short wooden lure with a metal lip - possibly the cutest lure I've seen in my life.

Yes, I have a gulf coast box turtle named Koopa.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
tjd241

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koopa eh?... cool. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: