CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Squam Lake, Newfound Lake, Lake Ossipee N.H.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Squam Lake, Newfound Lake, Lake Ossipee N.H. Reply with quote

Pointing Dog and I with a friend hit these 3 lakes again this year. We fished on 5-24 through 5-26. All 3 lakes had fish still on beds, but plenty of empty beds already. Lots of spawned out criusing feeding fish that were caught too. We found both largemouth and smallmouth on beds. We caught approximately 140 bass over 3 days of fishing, the biggest was a largemouth over 4lbs. The majority of the fish were 2.5 to 3lbs. Some smaller, some bigger, but we had a great time. They will hit anything up there, but we fished mostly tubes, and oddball color creature baits that we needed to get rid of. Caught some on topwater, some on jigs, spinnerbaits, etc. The water temps were anywhere from 68 degrees to 76 degrees depending on what body of water you were on.

Most fish were spawned out from the early warm up this year, but there were still fish on beds if you were willing to look for them. But GOD was it hot this year, we went through almost 2 cases of bottled water in 3 dyas of fishing, and plenty of sunscreen.

Pointing dog has all the pics. I'm sure he'll post some of them when he gets back in country.

Last edited by slimecoat on Fri May 28, 2010 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Fishface

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite the productive trip. I caught my personal best Smallie over 4lbs. in the channel between the Squams. Crayfish colored jig. Good trip Slime.

Tim
hoppy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squam is a smallie factory. stayed there for three days and slayed it every day.
we found some real good largies up in rattlesnake cover on our trip. outside of that is smally after smally after smally. i have never been through so many soft plastics in one trip. like piranhas!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It truly is an amazing place. That is why we just bring up crappy color plastic baits that we don't use much, they will kill anything when on beds.

We found a couple very productive banks on the northern end of squam, but numb nuts forgot the lake map so we just marked the most productive spots on his GPS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we rented a place on little squam and fished there the 1st day. if i remember correctly some of my bigger smallies came from little squam. big squam was just amazing for numbers but the quality was down atliest for the smallies. the largies i found were all mostly solid 3 to 3.5 lb fish that hit like freight trains. never found another good largie spot. i spent alot of time fishing the many reefs and found just about everyone full of willing smallies. awesome place to go.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, we have caught some decent largies on beds in 2 different coves on the big side of Squam. I don't have the map in front of me, so I can't tell you exactly where. But we have caught average size smallies 2 to 3lbs on Squam, and never have bothered to fish little squam.

The best lake for size and a good mix of both species is definately Lake Ossipee. That place is unbelieveable, and well worth the 45 minute ride from Squam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: