CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Shenipsit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSM07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Shenipsit Reply with quote

Hey has anyone been fishing over at Shenipsit Lake? and does anyone know if it is legal to fish from shore there?
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the JI had a mom and her daughter fishing from shore on that lake, right on the front page, so i think your good
shortypowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been this year, but it is legal to fish there from shore (and from a canoe or rowboat if you're lucky enough to get one stored over there). The lake association's website has all the rules and details: http://www.shenipsitlake.org/lake/rules.htm
DV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a picture on Tuesday of a guy I met on a local res and followed to Snip of a LMB that he caught out of it, It went 6.? oz. caught from shore one a jig. It is no longer in there (being mounted),

I fished it for 2 hours from 7-9 with worms with only 2 hits, water temp is low and I did not see any beds from shore. IMO fish low and slow in the with jigs/shakeys/DS in deepest water you can access from shore right now. BTW watch out for ivy, my legs are itchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
MSM07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks guys, I should be heading over next week some time, wanted to check before I went over and was facing a fine or something, with all the rules there with boats and everything better safe then sorry.
Flipper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Snip is a great lake! Untapped potential and no fishing pressure. I lived in Vernon for a while and spent a lot of time there. If you are a resident of vernon (mabey Ellington too) you can use one of the Associations canoes. Fish the rocky banks for SMB and the weeds for LMB. Also, great crappie lake. If you use a canoe, go directly across the lake from the boat storage site and head toward your right. You should find a large feeder stream on a sand flat with submergent bushes. I have never failed to catch bass here. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: