CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 06/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond 06/07 Reply with quote

I went to Batterson last night for a couple of hours, from about 10 PM to 12 AM. It was nice out there last night, a little cold but with clear skies and only a slight breeze. The stars were out for sure.

I didn't catch anything. I got a good hit from a largemouth bass just to the south of the beach about 50 yards from shore. I was hoping for a walleye pike but realized it was a bass when it caught air the first time. After swimming to my right about 15 feet, it jumped a second time and threw the hook. It felt like an OK fish, maybe a 16 incher, but nothing huge. I'm hating those treble hooks on Rapala lures more and more. I rarely lose bass on my single wacky-rig hooks after five seconds of a fight.

The highlight of my trip was meeting Fishface, who lives near Batterson (he said a 10 minute walk or 14 second drive). He was getting off the water just as I arrived, but we had a chance to talk for several minutes. Hey, Tim!

Staying up until about 1 AM is killing me. I had to get up at 6 AM, and I'm dying here. I'm getting old, I guess. But I have to go chauffeur my mother-in-law around and grab some lunch now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying putting a heavier sweep set on them, Phil. Yeah, sometimes you may pull it out of their mouth if you're line or rod don't have the proper give, but you may just be skin hooking them if you're not giving them a decent sweep. Just one thing to try.
Fishface

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil. It was a pleasure to meet you also. I would have went back out (but had to work in the A.M.) unlike some of us, Just kidding. It was nice to discuss some fishing. Looking forward to get together to do some fishing.

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: