CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: polerizes glasses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tav1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: polerizes glasses Reply with quote

i wear script glasses and i seen some polerized glasses that fit over them , just wondering if theres a good brand name out there or clip on's and what is a all around color lense for pretty much every say use? iv's seen the fit overs at around $ 20. or so and reg. poler glasses up to $ 100. plus is there any diff. then the price. just as long i can cut thru that top water glare.

catch and release...#1 priority

we all live down stream once in a while and walking on water is a rush.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a serious fisherman then get a very good pair of prescription polarized sunglasses. If your a weekend angler or once a month hack and just fun fish than you can get by with a cheap pair.

You get what you pay for. I believe Flippy wears a nice pair of fitovers that are professional grade made for serious tournament fisherman. I just don't recall the brand. Check the archives for prescriptiopn sunglasses and read the posts. Some of the brands made for serious fisherman make them in prescription lenses too. I like the grey and amber lenses. Some brands will come with multiple interchangable lense colors. It all depends on what you want to spend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.smithoptics.com/Polarized-Fishing-Rx_Category_135.html?fl=true

Both Smith and Oakley and other well known companies offer polarized fishing RX sunglasses, and they both range from $250-$400. As far as tint color I prefer amber or brown over all the others for most days except extreme bluebird days when I like gray or platinum. Not sure where to find clip overs. As far as why some polarizes sunglasses are $20 and others $200 it is the technology that goes into them. Also the how the lenses are made and how they bend light, hard to explain but look the side (peripherals) of a cheap pair of polarized or even non polarized sunglasses and you will sometimes see how things looks closer or more in focus on the cheaper pairs. Newer companies such as Under Armour have this problem even in their higher end (100+) sunglasses so stick with a well respected brand. Don't forget lifetime no/less hassle warranty's. Here is link to smith explaining some of their tech, Oakley goes more in depth on their polarizing but their site is down right now (or atleast won't load at the time I am writing this).

http://www.smithoptics.com/technology.html?category=2&id=1
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Rx Oakleys (2 pair) and love them. It's worth the money to get them and protect your eyes not only for fishing, but all other outdoor activities. I'm sure someone makes some nice clip ons, but unless you've got huge lenses and frames, I doubt you're getting the periferral coverage you need to keep out the UV's from all the reflections off the water. If you get Rx glasses, buy croakies to wear while fishing so they don't get lost if they fall in the water and keep a case in your car and boat so you can store them without scratching the lenses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: