CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: A quick trip to Beseck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicted Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: A quick trip to Beseck Reply with quote

Got to beseck at about 4 pm today. Just early enough to see all the boats and jet skis flying across the lake. Fished for a few hours and caught some bass, missed a few too. First cast and I saw the line slowly swimming away. Set the hook and caught this guy, the only real picture worthy one. Bassically had a good time relaxing.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one!
I hate fishing with a bunch of skiers/tubers/PWC buzzing the lake! I don't know if it's really affecting the fish or just me,..but I never seem to do very well at those times!
Paulie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish. Yep, when the pleasure boaters and skiiers come out on Beseck you have to hang in the back of the lake where it gets really shallow and weedy or in the arm with the dam.
In the far back where the water gets weedy and shallow I was told that buzz baits work just about all day. Last time I was there I tested out that theory and it was true. Other than that, stick to the thick reeds. Anywhere I saw a patch of thick reeds there was usually a bass or two holding up real tight to them.
Pretty lake though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad one for Beseck, congrats Greg. That place goes to hell when the pleasure boaters come out. All that boat traffic zipping around on a lake that small makes me nervous.
Addicted Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya it was kind of scary running around the lake at 55 mph for fun a few times. Smile Had to keep a sharp eye out for water skiers in the water and stuff like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: