CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Q bridge...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Q bridge... Reply with quote

Alot of bunker around and under the bridge. If you want to scoop up bait for the summer id say go there and snag some. Went monday night and caught a shit load. As for stripers forgot my plug box at home was after a 14hr workday so i was pissed cause i seen so many stripers swimming around the top of the water and splashing as i snuck up on them. They didnt want any topwater and my crank/stickbaits were home. Bummer but for a report they are out there and the bunker i was snagging had huge bite marks on them.... will give it another week or so and more will come in... Dang that water gets dirtier every year... First time out i didnt get striper in bout a month.... Sad LMAO
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Q bridge... Reply with quote

Fish are in in heavy #'s Bunker are out there but moving around alot in the river and out in harbor... These fish are fat... the only issue with fishing there alot of gang people and drug dealers... They dont bother no one but it will be in your face... Unless you go out on boat....
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Q bridge... Reply with quote

Report for all striper junkies... 30+ pounders are coming in and in #'s.. I will be out there tonight catching live bunker and using it live for the lunkers.. Will be launching kayak and canoe from the park next to Thompson Bridge.... who knows might see someone there....
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asian if you hook into a good 40+ pound, you don't need a stabilizers or anything, w/e you do, make sure you have your life vest on and all your eqiupment floats, ALSO make sure you get the fish in so you have a good excuse Smile good luckkkkkkk
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent had time to go since the beginning of the week missed outgoing tide had wifey and daughter with me on the 15' canoe couldnt stay out as long as wanted but got over 60 bunker.... all bagged up and ready for night fishin.... chillaxin with some beer and cards soon... But all my friends are getting into them mostly at 4am but dont have time to take the yak out before work.... They are out there will take pics soon thinking of going saturday morning maybe friday night too..
Linn015

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man where exactly are you talking about? I wanna go there but I'm not sure where it is. Tomorrow night seems pretty good.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moon is full so it will be good...Im not great with st names but know how to get places. i wanna say james st and church st.... New haven. there is a park and you will need to fish from a yak or boat even a canoe... most people i know will not fish from shore next to the guys that fish there... They cool as far as im concerned just the things they do can bother and scare some people. anyways its next to some park and they installed a windmill to get power follow that and it will bring you right to the spot. never seen one up that close before cool and sounds neat at night... will try to get better details...
keith2124

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hey I don't know but we might of ran into each other around 12:30 on James street..There was a guy that brought the boat and brung in an atleast a 36" stripper
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

Was fishing from canoe or my kayak dont know what day... Been a rough weekend...LOL proly first weekend i didnt get out for more than and hr... was out in woodmont area pitching plugs in the shallows friday on incoming tide... Notta thing but seaweed and stupid sea robins.... Dem things eat anything...
keith2124

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quinipiac river been an hit or miss for me lately..I have yet to catch an fish over there this year. West Haven beach been preety good, with summer flounder and porgies and occasionally bluefish.
Linn015

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how has light house been? I usually go down there alot around this time of year but havent gotten the chance.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent been there but been on the west ahven side in the shallows been good so maybe they there too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: