CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Hartford striper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drawnon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Hartford striper Reply with quote

Anybody see the bristol press today?
There is a pic of a guy who caught a 47 pound striper north of Hartford.. Thats one huge fish. I figured all the striper would be out of the river by now.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hartford striper Reply with quote

they are still lingering not in #'s tho can catch'em all year just luck of the draw this late of the season....
Flipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped fishing for stripers about 3 weeks ago due to lack of action and shallow water. I only fished above Hartford and this is the only decent fish I've even heard of coming out of that area this year. Hard to imagine a lot of big stripers swimming in 2' of water. When the channel is only 8' deep and the rest of the river is 2', where are they going to go? It's not like it has been in the past up here (I live in Enfield) and we can thank Holyoke Dam for that one. The sun must have been shining on this guy. Great for him, but next year I will be fishing for stripers from haddam down - period. Tired of wasting my time fishing 100 miles up river in 2' of water expecting to find fish.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gave up on the upper river awhile back.... know alot of people still doing it... lower river producing alot right now.... going saturday morning mad early...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: