CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Whats are your thoughts on cheating in bass tournaments? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I joined a club and I am happy that I did. There are no pay-outs which i feel keeps it friendly and honest but still competitive. It is a great group of guys who share a common interest in competitive fishing. It is a much different environment than the money tourneys I have fished, to me it is more enjoyable. Instead of thinking about how my money Im gonna loose, I thinking about how much I am learning by forcing myself to fish 8 hours straight. Hell, I am happy just to bring fish to the scales.

I love to win a pot just as much as the next guy but once money is on the line, it seems to get ugly. I have seen people make false accusations, cut people off, tourney directors who don't count the fish in their buddies bag or don't check for dead fish or weigh in their buddy fish with no witnesses or 1 boat gives the other boat their fish so they can split the pot. I could go on but I think you get it.

Bottom line, if you are competing for cash you need to police your competitors and look for shady stuff. If you see something that doesn't seem right, let the tourney director know in private, you don't want to start a sh*t storm by doing it in front of others, especially if it isn't true.

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of your thoughts bassaddict, except for the telling the tournament director in private.

If I feel that sure that some douch bags cheated, you can bet your ass I'm gonna call him, her, or them out right at the weigh - in in front of everybody!!!

Bring on the shit storm!!!!

Hell's comin'!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tru dat gary! Remember when i called out Jim in front of everyone the second time i fished with you guys..the livewell thing...man the looks on everyones faces was priceless!!! Have some balls people and if your gonna whine about someone do it to their face!
John
Fishface

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
I like most of your thoughts bassaddict, except for the telling the tournament director in private.

If I feel that sure that some douch bags cheated, you can bet your ass I'm gonna call him, her, or them out right at the weigh - in in front of everybody!!!

Bring on the shit storm!!!!

Hell's comin'!!!!!!

Slime I happen to agree with you, certain thing need to be private like an argument with the girl or your job review. Public humiliation will make most think twice about doing the next wrong thing. Its a good thing its not the 1800's where cheating of any kind was handled in a less kinder way. COLT

Tim
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but I bet there would be a lot less cheating if you knew you were facing a Colt 45 as judge and jury!!!!! Less prison crowding too I bet!!!!

Not condoning this method of course. Just saying it is effective in routing out the problem fast and forever!!!!

Nothing like a good fist a cuffs brawl.........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary i said if you see something suspicious, meaning your not positive they did something illegal. No offense but If you are the type of guy that would call someone out in front of the whole field when you are not 100% positive they cheated then lets just say I am glad I don't fish against you.

If you catch them red handed then sure, do in front of field. But if it is something like someone left his boat and went to his car, it doesn't mean they are cheating, although it may appear suspicious, they could have had to take a dump or get their meds. IMO, you shouldn't out the guy in front of every one because you are not positive. let the tourney director do their job and make the call. The person might have a reasonable explanation.

Once you call someone a cheater, they are pretty much black listed so unless you are 100% positive, my opinion is to bring it up to the tourney director and let the 3 of you get to the bottom of it. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt when I am not 100% positive and let them explain them selves before telling the whole field that their a cheater based on a suspicion. If you catch them red handed, then hang them.

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have miss understood you bass addict, becuase if I'm not 100 % sure that sombody cheated, then I won't say anything about it. I'll just keep my mouth shut, my eyes open, and give them just enough rope to hang themselves with.

If I know 100% that sombody or some team cheated, and I have proof, then hell's coming and you're gonna get the shit end of the stick from me and everybody else. I don't play around with people who don't play by the rules. I have zero tolerence for that bs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute Slimecoat... You cheat all of the time!! Every fish "we" bring to the scales, you say they are yours, but in fact, I catch "all" of the fish!!!

Not withstanding...

I fished a club in the DC area a while back. We used a "culling board" instead of bringing fish in to the scales, with draw tourneys. Great idea, and great for the fish...but, there has to be some kind of honesty. We had that with this club, never did I hear anyone question another boats cull total. Wish that could be with all tourneys...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: