CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: possible tourny
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rippin' Hawgs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: possible tourny Reply with quote

hey guys,

I was thinking about making up a little tourny either permitted or not permitted on a med-smaller lake around. Now i've never permitted any tounrys or done any organizing so if i were to do it either help or patientce would be appericated. Just a quick thought of either a night tourny, like 5-10 or a normal day tourny, but i was thinking make it a team tourny 50 bucks a team. Heres an interesting one for you what if i made it 50 bucks a deam WINNERS TAKE ALL!?? what do you think, i would say if we could get like 5-10 boats it would be awsome! nice money maker if you can get into some fish? Give me your thought.

Jake
hoppy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be interested. you will need to pull a permit for a "tourney". weighing fish, exchanging money, keeping limits of fish .........all require a permit. id ask some of the guys here as they can help you get that part straightened out. where are you thinking of having it?
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick a date and location, check the permitted tournament schedule at the top of the threads columb in this section to see what is open on a certain date, and call Bill forman at the DEP in the Inland Fisheries Dept.

Phone 860-424-3474

He'll send or fax you the permit paperwork, you might be able to download it off the website? I'm not sure, because I have copies of blank permit paperwork on hand, but he'll get you going.

You need to borrow or buy a digital tournament scale, or do a bush league handheld scale weigh in. Collect cash, check livewells before the event, etc.

There is a lot that goes into these events if you want to do it right.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

night T sounds good! if u get 8 to10 boats at $50 a boat i think u should pay 3 spots,6 to 7 boats pay 2 spots,5 boats or less winner take all,have a lunker pool $5 per boat,have a 5 fish limit per boat & have singles or team Rolling Eyes
toptech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be interested....but like Slime said...you would have to pull a permit...even if just to be able to have the boats legally have fish on board for the most part.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it happen!! Laughing
lancraftbass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the permit online and then fax it to Bill. You only need to fill out page one

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/fishing_forms/marine_fishing_tournament_permit_and_reporting_forms.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: