CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Flipping switch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gecabert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Flipping switch Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me the purpose and use of a flipping switch? I just purchased a couple of used reels with the feature, and I can't figure out how they work.
stumpy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are probably quantums then, when you engage the flipping switch the spool will engage when you press the thumb bar. that being said if you are flipping or pitching and you realize you need more line to hit bottom you press the thumbar and dont have to turn the handle to disengage the spool. also just to peel line off the reel to make a flip is what they are suppose to be for.
gecabert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're Bass Pro reels, but I'm hoping that the functionality is similar.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years, I keep seeing reels touted as having "flipping switches" but I honestly can't think of anyone that's experienced at that type of fishing that actually uses a flipping switch! I think it's one of those gimicks that designed more to catch fishermen than fish! Wink
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use mine on the black max alot. I just have to adjust the spool tension knob when switching
But i understand where the gimick is. But for those of us who carry 3 or 4 rods on a tiny little boat, its useful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: