CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: fishing line dilema
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: fishing line dilema Reply with quote

It sure would be nice if the manufacturers would put some kind of marking on 300 yard filler spools when you get to the middle. I purchase these and put half on one reel and the other half on another reel. It would be nice if they let you know that you are half way there. anyone have a solution on how to know how to split the line? cmorjoe
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on how important it is to you. You could probably rig one of these up backwards and it would work pretty good for spooling line. Never tried it though.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0002054013743a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=0800504&cm_ite=0002054013743a
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set up an in -line, line -counter that your line threads through as you wind it from the new spool onto your reel spool. You'll know how much line you are putting on your reel, and how much you have left on the spool. Then record what footage you have left on the spool, on a piece of masking or white electrical tape with a sharpie, and you're good to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive done this, but my line counter is screwed up. the little roller the line runs on is not round and i cant return it cause i hacked up the outside so the line doesnt rub the plastic.
just remember, its counted in feet. 300 feet is 100 yards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: thanks guys Reply with quote

I was just wondering how you guys dealt with this problem. anyway too damn hot to fish anyway. cmorjoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: