CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Salmon River East Hampton
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Salmon River East Hampton Reply with quote

DO NOT waste your time going here unless your trying for small mouth bass, I caught about a dozen bass in the 9-16 inch range, all nice small mouths. The water is very shallow but I have never seen so many small mouths in that river before. I was trying to upload a picture but I will just put in my gallery since I can't do it lol. I got one nice picture of the one of the small mouth I caught....
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DV thanks for the posting pictures tips, thats easy Smile haha
chumley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like im gonna waste some time............... Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice smallie!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I use to live in East Hampton and fished the Salmon River religiously!
Only a 5 minute ride from where I use to live.

Smallies Question In the 13 years I lived there, I never caught a Smallie, and I fished the entire lenght of the Salmon.
Hmmmm Question Wonder if someone did some bucket stocking Question

Nice pic of a good size smallie -> You caught him in the deep hole just under/at the covered bridge off Rt. 16!
Yeah! I can see the concrete retaing wall and the shelf of flat rocks at its base and the riffles that spills into the run that goes under the bridge.
That's a long vertical haul up the wall from the river.

SeaDog1 Very Happy
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: LOL! Reply with quote

Nice detective work, Sherlock Holmes! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish CT, I never would have thought to fish for smallies on the Salmon. It has to be my favorite river to fish as it doesn't get near the pressure of the farmington and produces big fish every year.

And seadog, they prolly came up river during the highfloods this year and stuck around.
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha sea dog your right, EXACTLY< its a high up spot, i NEVER fish the wall, its CRAZY trying to catch a fish and get it up the wall BUT I was just scouting and looking down and see tons of fish 6-12 inches off the wall and under the rocks. From the other side its tough to get to these fish because of the angle. So i dropped lined nightcrawlers no weight along the wall and under those 4-5 rocks under the bridge you should see the fish that came flying out from under those rocks. I'm talking 4-5 smallies fighting over my worm at once lol it was fun. I have NEVER caught any smallie's there iether, I caught some under the bridge, some at the rop swing and even some at the first waterfall at the beginning of the fly fishing area. They are EVERYWhere, if i go again im going in the early am or right before sunset so its cooler and more fish will be out.......... IT WAS VERY FUN trying to get the fish up that 12-15 foot wall haha I didn't lose one and IDK how I did it lol just one quick motion
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ct!

Next time you fish there -> Go to the other side -> being very carefull -> cross over the up side riffle then down onto the flat shelf rocks.
That way you can fish the deep run alongside the flat shelf rocks all the way to under the covered bridge.

Only in the summer with the water low can you do this. I have done that many times.

SeaDog1 Very Happy
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive done this early in the season as well, I just follow the wall to the woods, walk down it, then walk the ledge down, although it gets a little slippery Razz for some reason epople think I'm Jesus walking on water, they don't understand that spot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: