CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Eerie Walleye 7/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Lake Eerie Walleye 7/17 Reply with quote

A coworker of mine asked me to go on a charter with him, another coworker, and his parents, it ended up being pretty cool.

I was eager to catch some Walleye, I had never caught any back in the northeast, and I have never fished any of the great lakes. We headed out around 6:00 am.

Eerie is about 60-80 ft deep for the most part, and we were fishing with spoon jigs in about 68-69 FOW for the most part. Water temp was about 67-70 degrees F. We were expected to have one to threes for the day, it was a little windier than anticipated and we ended up having some swells up to 6 ft. My friends father ended up tossing his cookies, and I cant say I felt particularly well after drinking all night and getting about 2 hours of sleep....oops....

At least I didnt get sick, we returned to the docks around 10 due to the inclimate weather. I still had an excellent time and would do it again. We ended up w 5 walleye between us, the largest going about 5.5 lbs and the smallest around 3 lbs. Overall it was a great trip.

Anyone have any good secret recipes???
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Simple is better Reply with quote

Immediately before pan frying the fillets in salted butter, dust them with sea salt, black pepper and Wondra flour, in that order.

Damn, now I have to get some fish for dinner!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice report PD
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun except for the tossing cookies part. At least it wasn't you tossing your cookies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: